The term "mechanical bosses" refers to three Modo Difícil bosses; The Destroyer, The Twins, and Skeletron Prime, which are grouped together under this generic term due to sharing certain characteristics: They can be summoned by "mechanical" items, and are themselves metallic and robotic in appearance, resembling mechanical versions of the pre-Hardmode bosses Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, and Eye of Cthulhu. In addition, there is a 10% chance that one will randomly spawn each night after the first Demon/Crimson Altar is destroyed in a world, and each will continue to spawn randomly until it is defeated at least once.
The mechanical bosses' summoning items can be crafted at a Hardmode Anvil. They also drop from all Hardmode enemies (except statue-spawned enemies and Meteor Heads) with a 1/2500 chance until their respective boss is defeated.
Defeating any single mechanical boss for the first time causes the following to happen:
- The Steampunker will arrive (if a vacant house is available).
- The Truffle will begin selling the Mushroom Spear and Hammush.
- Solar Eclipses start to occur.
- Red Devils and Lava Bats spawn in the Underworld.
- Yelets can be dropped by any enemy in the Jungle biome.
- Life Fruit will begin to grow in the Underground Jungle (on the Console old-gen e versions, Life Fruit begins growing in small numbers when Hardmode is initiated; more will grow after a mechanical boss is defeated).
- The Traveling Merchant will begin to sell the Código 2.
- Exército do Ancião upgrades to Tier 2 and will progress to wave 7 (however, Betsy or Etherian Lightning Bugs will not spawn until Golem is defeated).
- Plantera's Bulbs begin spawning in the Underground Jungle.
- Reapers will spawn after just one mechanical boss is defeated.
Defeating all three mechanical bosses causes the following to happen:
- The status message "A selva está cada vez mais inquieta..." appears.
- Plantera's Bulbs begin spawning in the Underground Jungle, allowing the boss to be summoned.
- Reapers and Mothron now spawn during Solar Eclipses.
|Boss||Spawn message||Summoning item||Dropped Soul type|
|O Destruidor||"Você sente as vibrações das profundezas..."
"You feel a quaking from deep underground..."
|Verme Mecânico||Alma da Força|
|Os Gêmeos||"Esta noite vai ser terrível..."||Olho Mecânico||Alma da Visão|
|Esqueletron Alfa||"O ar está ficando mais frio ao seu redor..."
"You feel the air getting colder around you..."
|Caveira Mecânica||Alma do Medo|
Summoning Items Recipes
total: 2 row(s)
total: 1 row(s)
total: 1 row(s)
- It is possible to summon a mechanical boss pre-Hardmode if the summoning items are brought in from another world. However, if the Wall of Flesh has not been defeated, Plantera's Bulbs will not start spawning.
- Once one of the spawning messages appears at random, fleeing to the underground, or logging out and back in again, can prevent the mechanical boss from spawning.
- In order to acquire the Modo Difícil ores, it is not required to destroy Altars and thus expose oneself to the risk of having a mechanical boss spawn unexpectedly. Instead, it is possible to open crates, which contain Hardmode ores and bars. As of 1.4, crates acquired pre-Hardmode will no longer give Hardmode rewards.
- On the Versão para , the player can find a Drax in an Underworld Shadow Chest, allowing the player to acquire Turtle armor before defeating any of the mechanical bosses, making it much easier to defeat them on the first try.
- On the Versão para Console old-gen e Versão para , it is possible to obtain a Terra Blade after defeating a single mechanical boss. Note that three Broken Hero Swords (As opposed to two) from a Solar Eclipse will be required, however.
- As long as the respective mechanical boss has not been defeated, its summoning item can be farmed in events with a high number of enemies, such as the Pirate Invasion or Goblin Army.
- All of the mechanical bosses seem to shoot a red death laser when in at least one of their forms.
- They are the only bosses whose Expert-exclusive items are crafting materials.
- – De acordo com a história oficial do jogo, the mechanical bosses are likely the parts of Cthulhu which the Mechanic was forced to build. This explains the lack of a mechanical counterpart of the Brain of Cthulhu, as the mechanical Cthulhu lacks a brain and the Mechanic was never able to finish it.
- It seems that all mechanical bosses are made of hallowed bars since they drop them once destroyed.
- Hallowed Bars, dropped by the mechanical bosses, are the one of the only bars that don't have a corresponding ore, the others being Spectre Bars and Shroomite Bars.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Life Fruit now only spawns after defeating a mechanical boss.
- Now drop Mechanical Cart pieces in Expert Mode.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bug where "The jungle grows restless" message would appear before you have beaten all three mechanical bosses.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: No longer spawn randomly if another boss is alive. You can still summon multiple bosses manually.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Now slightly more difficult.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Will no longer spawn during Pumpkin Moons.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Reduced the chance for a mechanical boss summoning item to drop during Hardmode.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Hardmode Crimson, Corruption, and Hallow spread is now slowed after killing Plantera instead of any mechanical boss.
- Slightly increased the chance for a Solar Eclipse to happen, but they will now only happen after killing a mechanical boss.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.