|Conteúdo exclusivo do Modo Jornada: Esta informação se aplica somente ao Modo Jornada e mundos no Modo Jornada.|
"Com grande poder vem grandes responsabilidades"
Journey Mode is an option that can be selected upon creation of new characters and worlds. It allows the player a wide array of customization options during gameplay, including duplication of items, modification of time and weather, and difficulty sliders. Journey characters can only play in Journey worlds, and likewise, Journey worlds can only be entered by Journey characters.
Journey Mode is intended to be Terraria's "creative" or "tourist" mode, making it relatively easy to acquire items and explore Terraria's various elements and mechanics without having to overcome its normal progression of challenges; though Journey players do have the ability to adjust the game's difficulty on-the-fly to challenge themselves and test different difficulty levels.
General[editar | editar código-fonte]
- Characters begin with upgraded versions of the usual equipment, as well as extra equipment not normally given to new characters, including Fledgling Wings (the only Journey Mode-exclusive item).
- Enemies are half as difficult by default, and their difficulty can be changed during gameplay using the Enemy Difficulty Slider.
- Journey Mode offers players access to the Power Menu, which is used to adjust the game experience.
Power Menu[editar | editar código-fonte]
|Power Menu toggle button|
The Power Menu can be accessed via the toggle button located under the main inventory slots, above the crafting menu. Its interface replaces the crafting menu when opened.
The Power Menu contains seven different functions: Duplication, Research, Time, Weather, Personal Power Menu, Infection Spread, and Enemy Difficulty.
Duplication[editar | editar código-fonte]
This menu allows the player to instantly duplicate any previously researched item indefinitely. The menu has seven tabs, each for a different item category (Weapons, Armor, Blocks, Miscellaneous, Accessories, Consumables, Materials). Clicking a category tab shows only items of that type; clicking the same category tab again deselects it.
The search bar lets players search for specific items. When searching for an item, if a category tab is open, it will only search through items in that category.
Research[editar | editar código-fonte]
To duplicate an item, it must first be "researched" a certain number of times, which destroys the item in the process. Highlighting an item in the inventory, or placing it into the empty space in the Research Menu, displays a counter of how many more of that item will be required to complete its research. Research counters are tied to characters, meaning that new characters will have to research items again.
The total number of researched items required varies by the item type:
Complete list[editar | editar código-fonte]
Time[editar | editar código-fonte]
There are three options available within the Time Menu:
- Freeze time
- Set time to one of four presets:
- Alternating between day and night will count as random chances for bosses and events to spawn, if their conditions are met, and will reset the fishing quest as if a day had passed.
- Events can be extended indefinitely by repeatedly setting time back a step or freezing time.
- While time is frozen, the Traveling Merchant spawns and leaves immediately when changing the time from day to night.
- Alter time from 1× to 24× its normal rate.
Weather[editar | editar código-fonte]
The Weather Menu grants the player full control over the current weather:
- Slider for rain, which can set rainfall volume anywhere from Clear Sky to Monsoon.
- Slider for wind speed and direction.
Personal Power Menu[editar | editar código-fonte]
The Personal Power Menu includes three options related to the player:
- Godmode renders the player immune to all damage and knockback, and grants unlimited breath and unlimited mana.
- Debuffs are still inflicted as normal, but the player takes no damage from them.
- Increases placement range. This is automatically enabled.
- Enemy Spawn Rate Slider: Sets the spawn rates of enemies and critters anywhere from 0× (disabling spawns) to 10× the normal rate. Certain enemies such as Bosses, the Old One's Army, and enemies from Statues can still be summoned when the spawn slider is set to 0.
Infection Spread[editar | editar código-fonte]
Enemy Difficulty Slider[editar | editar código-fonte]
A slider that sets difficulty anywhere from 0.5× to 3× the normal difficulty. 0.5× equates to the default Journey Mode difficulty, moving up through Normal mode at 1×, Expert Mode at 2×, and Master Mode at 3×. Moving the slider enables all rewards obtainable in the chosen difficulty, including Expert-mode exclusive items and Master-mode exclusive items.
- Switching difficulty modes causes enemies and bosses to change their AI immediately.
- If a boss is summoned in Journey Mode then the slider is set to Expert or Master difficulty, that boss will drop their Expert-mode or Master-mode exclusive items.
- Note that it will not affect the duration of debuffs if you set the difficulty to Expert or Master.
Notes[editar | editar código-fonte]
- All Achievements can be unlocked in Journey Mode as normal.
- Speeding up time also speeds up the spread of Evil Biomes, as well as plants' growth rates and Star fall rates.
- Freezing time prevents some random events from occurring, such as recording an equipped Music Box or Slime Rain.
- With Godmode activated, it appears as though mana is not used at all. However, using items that drain mana very quickly, like the Last Prism, causes the mana meter to flicker, revealing that mana is just being regenerated at an extremely fast rate.
- Weapons that require more mana per shot than the player currently has in total cannot be used, such as the Nebula Arcanum when the player is at the default amount of 20 mana.
- In the Duplication tab, you can search for any text in an item's description, not just its name.
- Mining Tombstones with the enemy spawn rate set to 0× can still cause Ghosts to spawn.
- If the enemy spawn rate is at 0x, the Dungeon Guardian won’t spawn.
- Duplicating items will never produce items with Modifiers.
- While the increased placement range is enabled, the player can hold torches and use the smart place mechanic while in a cave to light up many nearby caves surprisingly efficiently.
- Freezing time from dawn to noon will instantly summon a Traveling Merchant. Paired with changing time, this is an extremely effective method to farm for items the player might want from the Traveling Merchant.
Trivia[editar | editar código-fonte]
- The Godmode icon is a reference to the classic Doom games, which have a similar God Mode icon. It may also be based on the face made when the player gets a Pentagram of Protection in Quake.
- Journey Mode is known as "Creative" in the Terraria's source code.
- Journey Mode's descriptive text, "With great power comes great responsibility.", is a quote from Spider-Man. Similar words have been used towards government dating back to at least 1793, with perhaps one of the most famous quotes coming from Winston Churchill in 1906, who said, "Where there is great power there is great responsibility."
- Quest items are the only non-stackable items that require 2 items to research.
- The name of the hard hat wearing bunny is "Benny the Construction Bunny". Font[Research topic].
- Boss fights can be a little harder in 2.95× Expert difficulty than in 3.00× Master difficulty. This could be due to lacking one accessory slot while max life of Bosses is usually 15.7% higher. Enemy attack damage is 1.67% lower than Master, which could be simply ignored; almost all attack patterns remain unchanged between Expert difficulty and Master difficulty.
- Two items are not obtainable with a Journey Mode character: Armed Zombie Statue and Bone Skeleton Statue. They only spawn in Expert/Master worlds and there is no way to bring them into a Journey World. This means it is impossible to duplicate every single item without the use of inventory editors.
History[editar | editar código-fonte]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Cleaned up some Christmas decoration grouping in the Duplication menu.
- Invasion warning messages should no longer spam the player when time is frozen.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed Collector's Edition Carrot overriding the Magic Mirror on a Journey Mode character.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed a bug where speeding time up in Journey Mode would make some unusual visual effects.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.