||Date of Update
||15 May, 2011
- Female Characters now have their own hurt sound.
- Corrected Hornet Backgrounds
- Corrected Giant Worms dropping epic gear.
||11 May, 2011
- Steam integration has begun
- Gold and silver bars require 4 ore to craft.
- Added black slime in the rock layer. This will reduce the mother slime spawn chance.
- Buffed Skeletron hands.
- Slightly decreased spawn rate in rock layer
- Decreased giant worm spawn rate deep underground
- Decreased spawn rate for Pinky.
- Bomb prices have been cut in half.
- Life crystals are slightly more common
- Iron spawn rate in the dirt layer has been increased
- Underground sand gen rate has been reduced
- The amount of underground lakes have been reduced.
- The player can hold their breath a little longer.
- Life drains a bit slower when out of breath.
- Workbenches are no longer needed to make wooden platforms.
- Goggles now only provide 1 defense, but they no longer require iron to create
- Rebalanced armor recipes. Helmets are not the least expensive to craft.
- Mining helmet costs 8 gold now
- It now takes 3 NPCs to stop monsters from spawning in town.
- Bombs can no longer destroy chests
- Lava now destroys beds and clay pots.
- Client-server tile data progress is now accurate again.
- The player only drops half their coins on death now
- You can now grapple-jump under water
- Potions now require 2 bottles. Lesser mana potions now create 2 instead of one.
- Openning and closing doors no longer sponges water.
- Doors now destroy vines when opened.
||10 May, 2011
- Lots of minor balance changes.
- Jungle enemies are more difficult.
- Jungle and hell items have been balanced.
- Hellstone armor is craftable.
- Phoenix blaster is craftable with a handgun and hellstone.
- Demon Alters now glow.
- Cobalt and Hellstone armor now have correct stats and set bonuses.
- Dungeon items have been balanced.
- Gold now only generates on floating islands and in the stone layer.
||10 May, 2011
- Added intro theme.
- Updated gore for the new NPCs and monsters.
- Updated artwork for some items.
||8 May, 2011
- Added all armor graphics.
- Added cobalt and molten armor.
- Fixed a bug with players announcing their death on multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug with player gibs after death.
- Wooden arrows now require 1 stone and 1 wood to craft 5.
- Natures gift now has a 1 in 1000 chance of growing.
- Jungle rose now only has a 50% chance of dropping from jungle roses.
- Jungle chest spawn rate during world gen has been lowered.
- Phaseblades now do 21 damage. (increase of 2)
||7 May, 2011
- Finished the player sprites
- Added game protection
||6 May, 2011
- Musket Balls do more damage
- Musket does more damage
- Flintlock Pistol does more damage
- Devourers have less life and do slightly less damage
- Pricing for demonite and meteorite has been adjusted
- Meteor Heads have been tweaked and no longer drop meteorite
- Pots no longer drop shurikens, and only drop hearts and stars if the player needs them
- Goblins now have less life and defense
- Shadow armor has higher defense and increases attack speed by 10%
- Meteorite armor has less defense
- Space gun has been weakend all around
||4 May, 2011
- Hellforge now works like a regular forge
- Added new player hair sprites
- Adjusted pricing for bars, ore, and gems
- Added Restoration Potion and Lesser Restoration Potion (Heal Life and Mana) - Crafted from mana and healing potions
- Potions now only stack to 20
- Potion cooldown has been increased to 15 seconds
- Meteorites won't fall within 10% of the spawn point
- Meteorites now have a max limit
- Bloodmoon only happens if a player on the server has 6 or more hearts
- If the Eye of Cthulu has never been defeated, and any player has over 10 hearts, there is a 1 in 3 chance he will appear at night.
- Dead NPCs only drop Hearts and Stars if the player needs them.
- All Bows and Arrows have received a slight damage increase.
- Eye of Cthulu's defense was raised, but his max health was lower
- Eye of Cthulu new flees when all players are dead.
||3 May, 2011
- Shuriken does less damage
- Metal ores now have a sell price
- Item rarity has been set. (copper/iron/silver/gold) (demonite/meteorite) (dungeon/underground jungle/underworld)
- Added Silk - Crafted from 10 webs
- Added Beds - Crafted from 15 wood and 5 silk
- Whoopie Cushion drop chance has been lowered
- Beds now set spawn point by right clicking them. They have to be in a house.
- Mother Slime does more damage
- Started adding new player sprites (Armor doesn't show for now)
- Added some extensive error handling. Multiplayer should be more stable.
||2 May, 2011
- Added the Molten Hamaxe
- Added Flamelash - Magic Missile style item found in the Underworld
- Unholy Arrows can now be crafted with an arrow and a worm tooth.
- Hellstone Bar is now craftable - Requires 6 Hellstone and 2 Obsidian
- Added Phoenix Blaster - Underworld Handgun
- Added Sunfury - Underworld flail
- Added Hellforges that are used to create Hellstone Bars - Spawned in Hell Houses
- Added Clay Pots that grow flowers - Created with 6 clay at furnace.
- Added Nature's Gift - A flower that grows rarely in the Jungle. Equip to start with max life and mana after death.
- Shiney Red Balloon is now Shiny Red Balloon.
- The player drops all money on death
- Epic trees now grow to a max of 30 tiles, instead of 50
- Acorns drop chance is reduced to 50%
- There is now a red X that shows items on cool down.
- Friendly NPC moves smoothly.
- Player files are now encrypted. Character wipe imminent.
- Lets do a world wipe while we're at it!
- Player file is now saved on death.
- FPS Toggle is now F12
- Fixed a bug that would cause clients to get stuck at "Receiving Client Data"
- Greatly optimized server speed when connections are maxed out.
||1 May, 2011
- Added Feral Claws (10% melee speed) - Found in Jungle Chests
- Added Anklet of the Wind (10% movement speed) - Found in Jungle Chests
- Added Staff of Regrowth (grows grass on dirt tiles) - Found in Jungle Chests
- Added Hellstone Brick - Created with Hellstone and Stone Block
- Potions now require two lesser potions and only make 1
- Added Whoopie Cushion - Rare drop from Giant Worm
- Added Shackle - Rare drop from zombies
- Star Cannon now does 75 damage, but the stars are no longer recollect-able.
- Added Jungle chests that spawn in gold brick gazebos
- You can only sell things to vendors by clicking on the empty boxes
- Smashing 3 Shadow Orbs will now summon an Eater of Worlds
- Smashing a Shadow Orb now only has a 50% chance to spawn a meteor
- Monster spawn rate around friendly NPC has been reduce
- World spawn can no longer be underground
- Added Hell Houses in the Underworld
- Increased Pot Spawn rate in the Underworld
- Added the Rare Pink Slime that drops 1 gold coin.
- Only Green Slimes will spawn near the player spawn point.
- Purple Slimes must be 8 screen lengths from the player spawn point to spawn.
||30 April, 2011
- Added Star Cannon - Created with a Minishark, 20 Meteorite Bars, and 5 Fallen Stars
- Added Phaseblades - Created with 20 Meteorite Bars and 10 Gems(for color)
- Added Buckets - Created with 3 Iron Bars.
- Added Jungle Rose - Used to craft Jungle items.
- Added Meteor Hamaxe - Crafted with 35 Meteorite Bars.
- Added Stingers - Dropped from Hornets
- Added Vine - 20 % chance to drop from Man-Eaters
- Ivy Whip is now craftable - Requires 1 Grappling Hook, 30 Jungle Roses, and 3 Vines
- Blade of Grass is now craftable - Requires Silver Broadsword, 30 Jungle Roses, and 20 Stingers
- Thorn Chakram is now craftable - Requires 40 Jungle Roses, and 30 Stingers
- Added custom controls.
- Added throw item key.
- Added parallax scrolling. (Option in settings)
- Fixed a bug that caused water to stop moving when it shouldn't
- Fixed a NPC spawning bug
||19 April, 2011
- Added volume control options in the settings menu
- Added Hide/Show User Interface Button, F11
- Added Obsidian Blocks
- Added Obsidian Skull
- Added Wooden Hammer
- Added Glow Grass and Jungle Grass seeds.
- NPCS are now attracted to homes built underground.
- NPCS will now only open and pass through a door 10% of the time. At night, they will always go inside to safety.
- Spawn Rates have been adjusted.
- The Merchant
- Wood Walls, Wood Blocks, (Wood scaffolds now require crafting before placement and are called planks.)
- The Nurse
- Muskets and Pistols.
- Nightmare Pickaxe, The Breaker, Shadow armor
- Thorny Bushes
- Arms Dealer (Sells Flintlock Pistols, Ammo and Minisharks.)
- Colored Messages, System = Yellow, Death = Red, Boss Kill = Purple, Blue = NPCs Arrival, Green = World Events.
- /Playing Command
- Dryads (Sells plants, seeds, and purification powder)
- Placeable Candles
- Mana Potions
- Mana Meter (Blue Stars)
- Goblin Enemies / Invading Armies
- Netplay Supplement : Player Name/HP on Mouseover
- Netplay Supplement : Tile Syncing, Item Syncing, Door Syncing and Health Syncing
- Netplay Supplement : Local Sounds, and Sound Fading
- Netplay Supplement : Enemies Syncing
- Netplay Supplement : Built in Chat / Chat Bubbles
- Customized Character Creation
- Accessory Slots
- Item Name Colors (Based on Rarity/Worth)
- Forge / Alchemy Station / Workbench / Anvil
- Clock Accessory (Tells you time of day)
- Tables and Chairs
- Depth Meter Accessory (Coordinates)
- Wooden Platforms
- Regrowing / New Growth Trees.
- Limited character names to a size of 16 characters long and world names to 20 characters long.
- Demon Eye Enemy / Drop Lenses
- Zombies / Break Open Doors
- Removed ability to attack through walls.
- Bows, Arrows and Flaming Arrows / Shurikens
- Eye of Cthulhu
- Special Drops from Bosses
- PVP (Must set PVP swords to 'crossed' to harm other players with PVP swords crossed as well.)
- Basic Tools and Wooden Weapons
- Damage Numbers
- Splitting Stacks
- FPS Meter