184.108.40.206 featured optimizations for the Steam Deck, various balance changes and bug fixes.
Changes and balance
- Summon minions, sentries, and their projectiles should no longer harm critters
- Updated Bundle of Balloons' sprite to reflect the items that went into it better
- When placing a Graveyard-crafted version of a natural wall directly next to a natural version of that wall, they should now merge seamlessly rather than having a large border between them
- Skeletron now drops Healing Potions instead of Lesser Healing Potions. This same drop will also be applied to Deerclops, though Queen Bee will continue to drop her Bottled Honey instead.
- Flinx Fur now requires less to research in Journey mode
- All food (except Ale and Sake) now require less to research in Journey mode
- All Biome crates, as well as Golden and Obsidian Lock Boxes, now require less to research in Journey mode
- Black and Pink Pearls are now more common when opening Oysters. Their sell value has been proportionally reduced.
- Obsidian can now be mined by Pickaxes of 55% mining power or higher
- When defeating the Wall of Flesh in Classic Mode, it will now always drop 1 weapon and 1 emblem, like Expert Treasure Bags do
- Heart and Star Statues are now twice as likely to be found in worldgen compared to other statues
- Increased Web Slinger's range by 25%
- Piranha Gun's Piranhas should now be much better able to keep up with rapidly moving enemies, assuming that enemy is not teleporting or briefly becoming invulnerable
- Changed Fairy Wings recipe to only take 99 Pixie Dust instead of 100 (as 99 is the max stack for Pixie Dust)
- Stained Glass now sells for a more reasonable value, compared to the gems used to make it
- Optimized worldgen during the Sandstone Chest placement stage
- The Virtual Keyboard (in-game keyboard for Gamepad) is now used for IP/password entry and other Multiplayer text entry menus
- The Guide now has a hint about how to find Deerclops if the player has not yet defeated it
- Deerclops' HP values now scale at a modified rate in Expert and Master, like other bosses. As a result, it will now have a lower maximum HP in both Expert and Master.
- The above fix also addresses an issue where Deerclops' HP did not scale UP with increased player count in Expert/Master multiplayer games
- Deerclops now only remains present in the Snow biome for 1 day when no players are present, instead of 3 days.
- Deerclops' boss health bar will disappear from the screen when suitably far enough away from it that the boss fight is not active. It will re-appear again once the fight is resumed.
- Fixed an oversight where Deerclops had 0 defense
- After defeating Deerclops, it now only has a 25% chance to spawn again naturally under proper conditions. This was previously 100% chance.
- Deerclops now drops recovery potions on death; in this case, regular Healing Potions like Skeletron.
- Pylons now require a minimum of 2 NPCs under all conditions to be sold
- The minimum required happiness for NPCs to sell Pylons has been decreased from 0.85 to 0.9 (the lower the number, the happier). This means that it is now easier to make NPCs happy enough to sell a Pylon.
- If an NPC is present in a hybrid biome (for example, the Hallowed Desert), and they like at least one of those biomes, then they will gain positive happiness from the biome they like. This will only work for a liked biome vs a neutral/disliked biome; it will not allow a neutral biome to overcome a disliked biome. This also does not override major unhappiness/housing invalidation due to being near the Corruption, Crimson, or Dungeon.
- The number of NPCs in a town before Crowded penalties begin to take effect has been increased by 1
- Fixed an issue where the Eyebrella Cloud positioned itself oddly when a player is sleeping
- Fixed an issue where a number of blocks which should have blocked light were not blocking light
- Fixed an issue where Honey and Dry Bombs could not be placed on Weapon Racks
- Fixed an issue where Torch God's projectiles from Corrupt Torches generated snow dust
- Fixed an issue where Chester's Smart Cursor outline did not rotate with him when in the air
- Fixed an issue where walking Goldfish could not be Corrupted/Crimson'd like other Goldfish
- Fixed an issue where Desert Tiger did not bounce on enemies correctly if the Journey time settings were paused or sped up
- Fixed a bug with lava fishing gear incorrectly impacting fishing time
- Fixed an issue where Obsidian armor had white item rarity even though, for its tier, it should have been a higher rarity color
- Fixed an issue where Lucy did not speak if the player cut down Palm Trees or Cacti
- Fixed some issues involving Jungle Shrines and Living Mahogany Trees, where overlapping generation could cause broken chests
- Fixed an issue where Star-generating Cloak accessories did not properly sync their star generation in multiplayer
- Fixed a multiplayer issue where Plantera's spore projectiles were not syncing properly
- Fixed an issue where the Electrified debuff had an inaccurate and non-informative buff info text
- Fixed an issue causing Elf Melter to use 2 ammo per use
- Fixed an issue where Chain Guillotines chain would vanish at some angles
- Fixed an issue where some UI Control text was broken in Polish language settings
- Fixed an text-based multiplayer crash
- Fixed rare crash when certain NPCs spawn in droves