Adamantite armor is a Hardmode armor, and like most early-Hardmode armors, has three different headgear/helmet options, allowing the player to focus on magical, melee or ranged combat; each option changing the armor's set bonus. Crafting a one-helmet set requires 54 Adamantite Bars, made from 270( 216) Adamantite Ore. Crafting all five pieces requires 78 Adamantite Bars or 390( 312) Adamantite Ore. Titanium armor is the alternative to the Adamantite Armor set.
A full set of Adamantite Armor gives off a faint pulsing aura around the character.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Both the Headgear and Helmet armor sets have more defense than the equivalent sets of Titanium armor, which makes it the only original armor to have more defense than its alternative.
- While the Adamantite Mask appears to provide the greatest face protection and looks similar to many other melee-specialized Masks, it has lower defense than the Adamantite Helmet and provides ranged bonuses.
- Adamantite armor, when compared to Titanium, has 1 more defense for its melee set and 2 more defense for both the magic and ranger sets. The magic set for Adamantite provides less damage boosts than Titanium, but does offer more critical strike chance and mana boosts when the set bonus is considered. The melee set for Adamantite provides more damage bonuses, (melee speed, and movement speed with set bonus) and critical strike bonuses when compared to Titanium. Lastly, the ranger set for Adamantite provides less damage boosts over Titanium, but has higher critical strike chance, and has a 25% chance not to consume ammo (set bonus).
- The set bonuses from Adamantite are more class focused when compared to its counterpart, Titanium armor, which focuses on a single set bonus for all classes.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While Adamantite armor is often chosen because it provides higher offensive stats than Titanium armor, it does not provide the highest offensive stats available. If the goal is simply to maximize damage output, there are better options.
- Mythril armor is significantly stronger for melee users, though it has lower defense.
- Ranged users (and melee users who do not wish to use Mythril armor) can maximize their offensive bonuses by equipping a Frost Breastplate and Mythril Greaves while keeping the Adamantite Mask or Helmet in the head slot.
- Adamantite armor is a decent choice for magic users, who might appreciate the full set's defense and mana cost reduction. Those who are more confident in their dodging skills can maximize their offense with a set consisting of Adamantite Headgear, Mystic Robe, and Forbidden Treads.
- In Expert Mode, Crystal Assassin armor is effectively stronger than Adamantite armor because it frees up an accessory slot that would normally be occupied by the Shield of Cthulhu, allowing an extra offensive accessory (such as an emblem or class-specific accessory) to be worn instead.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The set with helmet looks similar to Crimson armor.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Adamantite Breastplate damage bonus increased from 6% to 8%.
- Adamantite Leggings critical chance bonus increased from 4% to 7%.
- Adamantite Helmet set bonus (melee/movement speed boost) increased from 18% to 20%.
- Adamantite Mask ranged critical chance increased from 8% to 10%.
- Adamantite Headgear magic damage increased from 11% to 12% and magic critical chance increased from 11% to 12%.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Defense increased by 4.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.