Its best modifier is Unreal. This is a modifier usually exclusive to ranged weapons. Since the Ale Tosser is considered a throwing weapon on Console, it receives stat bonuses from Fossil armor and Ninja armor but is unaffected by ranged-specific bonuses such as those from the Ranger Emblem.
- This content is transcluded from NPCs/dropnote.Since town NPCs cannot be damaged by players normally, external damage sources must be used to obtain this item. Effective options include traps, lava, Boulders or Rolling Cacti, enemies, Explosive Bunnies, or the Halloween-exclusive Rotten Eggs (in tandem with Frost armor).
- The Ale Tosser is affected by ammo conservation effects, and will benefit from items that increase throwing damage and velocity.
- It is a unique throwing weapon in that it is not consumed upon use, but instead requires ammunition, much like ranged weapons. It shares this trait with the Bone Glove.
- Desktop 1.4.2: Fixed an issue where Ale Tosser did not properly receive Frostburn effects from Frost armor.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Damage type changed from Throwing to Ranged.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 184.108.40.206.