Like all other gems, Amber can be placed on blocks. On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, they can be crafted into their Stony block forms at a Heavy Work Bench in a Graveyard and can be obtained by cutting down an Amber Gem Tree, dropping 0-5 of its respective gems.
total: 14 row(s)
- Amber's original purpose, Orange Torches, were apparently added because of a "really persistent nagging brit", in reference to YouTuber ChippyGaming, aka. James Bennett
- Amber is strangely absent from the Sandgun's crafting recipe, instead using Topaz. This is likely because the Sandgun was introduced before Amber was.
- In real life, amber is fossilized tree resin, making it different from other gems' real-life counterparts in the fact that it is much younger and made of organic material. Such resin is called copal.
- www.reddit.com ➝ thread: I am Redigit - Creator of Terraria. Ask Me Anything! ➝ question: What made you add such a fantastic item like the Orange torch (asked by user chippygaming) ➝ answer: This really persistent nagging brit. :P
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: .
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4's 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Inventory sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1.
- Now used to craft the Amber Staff.
- Console 1.06: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Now used to craft the Amber Staff.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.