Like all other gems, Amber can be placed on blocks. On the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, they can be crafted into their Stony block forms at a Heavy Work Bench in a Graveyard and can be obtained by cutting down an Amber Gem Tree, dropping 0-5 of its respective gems.
total: 14 row(s)
- Amber's original purpose, Orange Torches, were apparently added because of a "really persistent nagging brit", in reference to Youtuber ChippyGaming, AKA James Bennett
- Amber is strangely absent from the Sandgun's crafting recipe, instead using Topaz. This is likely because the Sandgun was introduced before Amber was.
- In real life, amber is fossilized tree resin, making it different from other gems' real-life counterparts in the fact that it is much younger and made of organic material. Such resin is called copal.
- www.reddit.com ➝ thread: I am Redigit - Creator of Terraria. Ask Me Anything! ➝ question: What made you add such a fantastic item like the Orange torch (asked by user chippygaming) ➝ answer: This really persistent nagging brit. :P
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: .
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Inventory sprite updated.
- Now used to craft the Large Amber and the Amber Gem Lock.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4's 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Inventory sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1.
- Now used to craft the Amber Staff.
- Console 1.06: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Now used to craft the Amber Staff.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Can now be used to craft Gemspark Blocks.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.