|Placeable||✔️ (2 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Reduces ammo usage by 20%|
|Buff tooltip||20% chance to not consume ammo|
The Ammo Box is a pre-Hardmode furniture item that, when placed and pressed ⚷ Open / Activate on, applies the Ammo Box buff to all ranged weapons for 10 minutes. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 15.
The Ammo Box buff provides a 20% chance per shot of a ranged weapon not consuming ammunition. This lasts for 10 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon ( ), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), or by double-tapping the buff icon (). It can be activated limitlessly with no cooldown period. It can even be activated again while already active to reset the 10-minute buff timer. The Ammo Box is never consumed, and all players may use it to give themselves the buff.
Unlike equipment buff items, the Ammo Box must be placed in order to activate the buff. It can be mined with a pickaxe or drill and picked up again, even while the buff is active, which will not cancel the buff. Placement is only dependent on an adequate flat space of two horizontal tiles being available.
- Unlike the Crystal Ball, the Ammo Box cannot be used for crafting. As such, Ranged players will need to purchase both an Ammo Box and a Crystal ball if they wish to reserve the most ammo. This is because the Crystal ball is used to craft the Endless Quiver and Endless Musket Pouch.
- When pairing this with an Ammo Reservation Potion, a Vortex Breastplate, and a Chlorophyte Helmet, it is possible to achieve a 61.6% chance not to consume ammo. This is especially useful for expensive weapons like the Super Star Shooter or the Clentaminator.
- When paired with an Ammo Reservation Potion and Titan armor, it is possible to have a 78% chance not to consume ammo. This pair does not seem to stack with the Minishark or Megashark, however.
- Ammo Reservation Potion, a potion with a similar effect.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now makes a new reloading sound when clicked.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated. Old sprite was
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 188.8.131.52. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 184.108.40.206. ()
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.