Ancient Shadow armor
Ancient Shadow armor is an armor set that reproduces the pre-1.0.3 Shadow armor design, and is otherwise identical in all ways to the current Shadow armor set. Each piece is interchangeable with the equivalent Shadow armor piece, while still granting the same set bonus.
Each piece has a
0.19*1/525 (0.19%) chance of being dropped by an Eater of Souls.
Set[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If Ancient Shadow armor is equipped in social slots, the visual after-image effect will still appear, even though you will not get the set bonus.
- If you mix and match the Ancient Shadow armor and the Shadow armor, you will still get the set bonus. However, you will not get the visual after-image effect that comes with either set.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you have a decent amount of gear with a new player, you can farm Eater of Souls and skip to Shadow armor very early on.
- Farming for Ancient Shadow armor is much slower in a Hardmode world because the spawn rate of Eaters of Souls is much lower.
- As of 188.8.131.52, the Ancient Shadow Armor is the strongest a player can get before fighting the Eater of Worlds, as the next armor in order of progression, Molten armor, requires a Nightmare Pickaxe to mine the materials used to craft it (Hellstone), which can only be obtained with Shadow Scale, a drop from said boss.
- As of 184.108.40.206, the Corrupt Statue allows this armor to be obtained even in Crimson worlds.
- Despite its very low drop chance, it's actually quite easy to farm. Simply make two sloped sides leading onto lava. The Eater of Souls' AI will simply fly at the slopes and be guided onto the lava, allowing the player to farm mostly AFK. It's wise to build it in the air to make sure Devourers don't disturb the farming process.
- It's a surprisingly good armor choice for summoners on the Desktop version and Mobile version – it is obtainable prior to defeating a boss and can be effortlessly farmed, and provides multiple benefits for summoners: it has high defense combined with increased melee speed (which is very useful for Whips) and movement speed, making it a great armor set prior to defeating a boss.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Slightly reduced droprate from 0.22% to 0.19%.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Added female sprite.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Slightly reduced droprate.
- Console 1.02: Introduced with female sprite.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212:
- Slightly reduced droprate.
- Added female sprite.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with female sprite.