The Anti-Gravity Hook is a late-Hardmode grappling hook obtained during the Martian Madness event. On the Desktop version and Mobile version, it is obtained by killing any Martian Madness enemy except for the Martian Saucer (1/800 chance). On the Console version, it is obtained by killing the Martian Saucer (1/9 chance).
The Anti-Gravity Hook launches 3 hooks which reach 31.25 tiles at maximum. When any hook latches onto a block, the player will be pushed 12 blocks away from the latch point if there is room to do so. While latched to a block, the player can use the movement keys to orbit around the latch point, or reposition themselves if they are caught between two or three latch points; however, they will return to the farthest point when they let go of the movement keys.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Anti-Gravity Hook is useful to exploit the AI of flying bosses with dash abilities, such as Mothron or an enraged Duke Fishron. Spinning in circles may allow the player to dodge attacks effortlessly.
- Smooth walls can be climbed extremely quickly with the Anti-Gravity Hook by pressing the Grapple key quickly and holding the ▲ Up key while the mouse is in the top and slightly to the right of the middle of the screen.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now has
0.13*1/800 (0.13%) chance of dropping from common Martian Madness enemies instead of dropping from the Martian Saucer.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed controls being reversed for Anti-Gravity Hook while gravity is reversed via Gravitation Potion or Gravity Globe.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.