The Antlion Swarmer is a flying enemy found in the Underground Desert biomes. It is a large dragonfly-like creature that looks similar to the Antlion and Antlion Charger. It should be treated with caution by newer players because of its health and knockback resistance.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Antlion Swarmers can spawn on the surface wherever naturally-generated desert walls are present. Destroying them will stop their spawning.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Antlion Swarmers are actually based on adult antlions, with the Swarmers' elongated wings and body structure almost identical to the real creature.
- When flying around, they seem to emit a slight pulsating/after-image effect (akin to Shadow armor), but only when they reach max speed.
- Strangely, the Antlion Swarmer's attack decreases in Expert Hardmode, rather than increasing.
- The Bestiary entry for the Antlion Swarmer: "Antlion Swarmers patrol their nests with a watchful eye. Should anyone threaten their eggs, they will defend them fiercely."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Decreased the Giant Antlion Swarmer's base number of dropped coins from 1775 to 195.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.