|Placeable||✓ (2 wide × 1 high)|
Anvils are crafting stations used to craft metal bars into tools, weapons, armor, and other items. Anvils are 2 tiles wide, 1 tile high, and must be placed on top of solid blocks or platforms. There are 4 types of anvils in the game.
Types[edit | edit source]
The Iron and Lead Anvils are functionally identical: each generated world only spawns with Iron or Lead, so without opening crates only one will be craftable. The same is true for the Mythril and Orichalcum Anvils, upgraded Hardmode versions that perform all the functions of their predecessors in addition to new recipes. The Iron Anvil can also be found naturally inside underground cabins or can be purchased from the Merchant for 50.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lead Anvils will never generate inside underground cabins, even in a world that has Lead Ore instead of Iron Ore.
- Despite the anvils being classified as furniture and appearing to have a flat surface, as well as being able to be stood upon like a platform, they do not fulfill the NPC housing requirement for a flat surface, nor can the player place items on them.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Lead and Orichalcum Anvils introduced.
- Desktop 1.1: Mythril Anvil introduced.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.