The Apprentice armor is a Hardmode magic and summoning armor set purchased from the Tavernkeep for
750000*75 in total, which consists of the Apprentice's Hat, Apprentice's Robe and Apprentice's Trousers.
The total bonus to max number of sentries is +2, allowing 3 to be summoned at once. The Dark Artist armor can be considered a direct upgrade of the Apprentice armor.
A full set of Apprentice armor will provide the following benefits:
- +32 defense
- +20% / +10% Magic Damage
- +30% Minion Damage
- +2 Sentry slots
- +20% Magic Crit chance,
- -10% Mana usage.
- +20% movement speed
The set bonus of the Apprentice armor gives a 40% increase to Flameburst projectile velocity, a 50% increase to target range, and a 90% increase to field of view.
- The Apprentice's Trousers provide an unlisted 20% increase to magic critical strike chance.
- The Apprentice armor set may seem weaker than other post-Mechanical boss magic armor (such as Hallowed armor or Chlorophyte armor), with weaker boosts to magical damage and magical critical hit percentage chance. However, its boosts to the Flameburst sentry summons make it ideal for setting up boss arenas. Three boosted Flameburst towers with the increased damage from the Apprentice armor can provide significant damage against Skeletron Prime, the Destroyer, or Golem.
- Alternatively, this set allows the summoning of three Queen Spiders from the Queen Spider Staff with strongly boosted damage.
- Apprentice at the Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki
- Apprentice's Scarf
- Squire armor
- Huntress armor
- Monk armor
- Desktop 1.4.1: Added +10% Magic Damage on Helmet.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Updated the tooltip of the Apprentice Trousers to include its boost to magic critical strike chance.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced with changes from Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced with changes from Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 126.96.36.199 to Desktop 188.8.131.52.