The Archaeologist's set is a vanity set composed of the Archaeologist's Hat, the Archaeologist's Jacket and the Archaeologist's Pants. These items are to be equipped in the Social Slots as they only provide a visual appearance.
While two of the pieces are crafted, the Archaeologist's Hat is not, but rather dropped by Doctor Bones.
It is possible to craft these items in a world that has The Crimson instead of The Corruption only by creating an artificial Corruption or by simply bringing leather to the Crimson world (or using a Corrupt Statue to spawn Eater of Souls).
- To create both the jacket and pants, 150 Rotten Chunks are required to make the 30 pieces of leather (75 rotten chunks each).
- Filling out this set implies forgoing a great deal of lucrative boss-summoning, as this number of rotten chunks would help make 10 Worm Food.
- This is likely a reference to archaeologist Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones Jr., from the Indiana Jones franchise (note the wordplay Doctor Jones -> Doctor Bones).
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.0.4: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.