|Use time||11 (Very fast) /|
14 (Very fast) /
7 (Insanely fast)
The Bananarang is a Hardmode boomerang. Up to 10 Bananarangs can be stacked in one slot and thrown rapidly, similarly to Light Discs. They return to the owner once they hit an enemy, come in contact with a block, or reach the maximum range. Bananarangs are dropped by Clowns in stacks of 1–4 with a chance of
The Bananarang cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
- In contrast to Light Discs, Bananarangs do not ricochet and do not travel as far. However, the larger stack size and low delay between throws means that a player can keep a greater number of projectiles in the air at once.
- This makes them very good at dealing with flying enemies, as well as keeping crowds at bay. Along with their autofire, they are quite powerful through early- to mid-Hardmode, especially during events.
- The Bananarang is able to be obtained as early as in the first Blood Moon in Hardmode, yet inflicts more damage than most Adamantite or Titanium weapons.
- In Journey Mode, its research cost of only 1 allows easily obtaining a full stack.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Use time decreased from 14 to 11.
- Increased both the projectile speed and the return speed of the Bananas.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now autoswings.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Increased damage from 40 to 55.
- Increased use time from 7 (Insanely Fast) to 14 (Very Fast).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.