The Beam Sword is a hardmode weapon dropped by Armored Skeletons and Heavy Skeletons. This weapon has the ability to shoot a damaging yellow beam of light alongside normal attacks. This beam can be fired on a cooldown of roughly one second, during which the player cannot select another weapon to use.
- When a beam of light is ready to be fired, the "full mana" sound and particle effect will occur. It takes a full 60 frames to recharge, optimally resulting in one beam able to be fired per second.
- The Beam Sword is in the same weapon family as, and can be considered a weaker version of the Terra Blade, True Excalibur, and True Night's Edge due to its higher cooldown time, lower damage and speed, and smaller size. The Enchanted Sword is a weaker prehardmode version of it.
- The speed of the flying beam is affected by attack speed.
- It is recommended to use this sword if you're lucky enough to have it drop at the start of hardmode as it has a higher base damage than the swords crafted from any of the hardmode metals (except for Chlorophyte) up to and including the Excalibur.
- Beam shooting swords are commonly seen in many fantasy games, Legend of Zelda as example.
- This weapon could be considered an upgrade to the Enchanted Sword.
- Occasionally, the beam fired by this weapon will pierce multiple enemies despite not being supposed to be able to do so.
- Added to the game.