|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a beam of light|
- Sword Beam
|End of projectile|
The Beam Sword is a rare Hardmode sword that fires a gold-colored projectile which also emits a small amount of light. The projectile deals full damage of the weapon. It can be swung more frequently than its projectile can fire. It has a
0.67*1/150 (0.67%) chance of being dropped by Armored Skeletons.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The beam cannot penetrate blocks or enemies. This allows it to ignore any piercing invincibility frames that enemies gain from being hit by the sword.
- The beam has an internal cooldown of approximately 1 second. The weapon cannot be switched to another item while the beam is on cooldown. The end of the cooldown is signaled by the same sound as the player's mana refilling.
- Unlike most other projectile melee weapons, the Beam Sword lacks autoswing, so using the Feral Claws / Titan Glove is advised.
- The Beam Sword can hit an enemy twice in a single swing, once with the sword itself and another with the beam, doing double damage while doing so.
- The Beam Sword's name is based off a common video game trope of heroic swordsmen having the ability to generate an energy projectile from their weapon, granting them an option for engaging enemies outside of their sword's range. The Beam Sword generates a sword beam that shares a resemblance to those generated by Link in The Legend Of Zelda when at full health.
- The Frostbrand is a slightly weaker alternative to the Beam Sword that can autoswing and pierce one enemy with its projectile, but with lower damage and swing speed.
- The Beam Sword is very similar to the Enchanted Sword, in appearance and in effect.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Size increased by 30%.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Use time increased from 15 to 20. Projectile cooldown unaffected.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.