The Bee Hive is a natural trap which spawns over time under Jungle grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle. When a Bee Hive is hit, it falls to the ground. Upon impact, it breaks, releasing 2–5 Bees, and, on the tModLoader version, also has a
25*1/4 (25%) chance of releasing a single Hornet.
On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, it can be crafted and placed manually.
- If the Bee Hive falls into water, it will not release any Bees or Hornets.
- Regardless, Bee Hives can spawn in water.
- Since the Bees are spawned at the point of impact with the ground, a long fall can put them far enough from the player to be instantly despawned.
- Placed Bee Hives are not recoverable, and cannot be placed in the player's inventory.
- On the Desktop version, Console version, Mobile version, and Nintendo Switch version, the Bee Hive has the ability to roll before being destroyed. However, it does not deal damage to the player on contact.
- Bee Hives have a chance to drop upon shaking a Jungle tree. They will drop as projectiles that will break, not as collectible items.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- No longer has a chance to spawn a Hornet upon impact.
- Can now drop from shaking a Jungle tree.