Beeswax summons a pet Tiphia when used. It grants the Pet Tiphia buff that lasts until the player manually cancels it by selecting the buff's icon in the buff menu, or if the player dies. The pet can deal 1–5 damage to an enemy if it runs into one, although it will not follow it.
This pet will not teleport to the player when it is far away.
- This item used to be called Honeycomb. To avoid confusion with the accessory, Honey Comb, it was renamed to Beeswax, although this can still cause confusion with Bee Wax.
- If this item was in a player's inventory, it was replaced with a Gold Bunny upon updating.
- The name of the pet comes from tiphia, a genus of wasps. Despite its name, the pet actually bears only little resemblance to the members of the genus. It used to be called Hornet.
- Hornet – an enemy sharing almost the exact same appearance
- Bee Mount – a rideable bee mount
- Hornet minion – a hornet minion which fights enemies
- Bee – a very small enemy of similar appearance
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny. ()
- Console 1.02: Renamed from "Honeycomb" to "Beeswax". Now dropped by Dragon Hornets.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Removed and replaced with a Gold Bunny.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Renamed from "Honeycomb" to "Beeswax". Now dropped by Dragon Hornets.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, dropped by Dragon Hornets and named “Beeswax”.