The Bezoar is an accessory that grants the player immunity to the Poisoned debuff. It has a
1*1/100 (1%) / 2*1/50 (2%) chance to drop from Hornets and Hardmode Moss Hornets in the Underground Jungle biome. Bezoars are also dropped from Toxic Sludges in the Underground and Cavern layers.
total: 1 row(s)
- It is most easily acquired before Hardmode, when the Underground Jungle is still relatively safe.
- The Poisoned status effect can be exceptionally deadly early on in higher difficulties, especially Master Mode where it sometimes lasts over 40 seconds. The Bezoar takes up a valuable accessory slot that the player may not have to spare, though. Instead, you can simply keep the Bezoar in your inventory, and briefly put it on to cleanse yourself of the status effect before returning it to your inventory, allowing you to remove the poison without having to wear it all the time.
- It is one of the four components of the Ankh Shield that can be obtained in Pre-Hardmode, the others being the Obsidian Skull, Cobalt Shield, and Nazar.
- A bezoar is a lump of mass trapped in the digestive system, historically believed to have antibiotic and poison-curing effects.
- Despite Venom also being poison, the Bezoar does not prevent the Venom debuff.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite changed. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed a typo causing Bezoars to drop from the Steampunker (178) instead of Moss Hornet (176).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.