Black Scorpions are harmless critters that can be caught with a Bug Net and do not normally interact with the player in any other way, except in that they can be killed by both players and enemies. They have 5 health and usually serve as ambient entities in Terraria. Black Scorpions only spawn in the Desert. Its counterpart is the Scorpion.
Most naturally spawned Black Scorpions can be caught with a Bug Net, and carried in the player's inventory (or placed in storage). If a critter caught with any Bug Net is taken from inventory and "used" (placed), it is again released into the environment at the cursor and behaves as usual.
A Black Scorpion Cage occupies a 6x3 space. It displays an animated Black Scorpion inside.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Black Scorpion: "Despite its menacing appearance, it is quite docile unless threatened or facing smaller prey. Fish are occasionally attracted to these."
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Scorpion Statues.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now be sold for 15.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Can now be used as bait. Fixed issue where Scorpions worked with King Statue and Traveling Merchant did not.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.