|Damage||27 / 25 (Ranged)|
|Use time||35 (Slow)|
|Tooltip||Allows the collection of seeds for ammo|
- Internal Item ID: 986
The Blowgun is a pre-Hardmode ranged weapon, a stronger version of the Blowpipe, and is purchased from the Witch Doctor for 5. It looks similar to the Blowpipe, but has a red ribbon on the top and is flared on one end and is used by the Witch Doctor to defend himself.
It can shoot Seeds, Poison Darts, Cursed Darts, Ichor Darts and Crystal Darts. Carrying a Blowgun in the inventory causes any vegetation growing on normal grass blocks to occasionally yield some Seeds when destroyed. Flowers growing in Clay Pots and Planter Boxes can also yield Seeds. Both wild and cultivated flowers typically drop 4 Seeds at a time. Long grass typically drops 1-2 Seeds.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
- It does not receive any specialized boosts from Shroomite armor, though it still receives the stealth boost.
- The Seeds used by the Blowgun cannot be planted.
- Inversely, seeds that can be planted cannot be used as ammo for the Blowgun.
- A useful combo in early-hardmode is the Blowgun and Cursed Darts due to the relatively low use time and decent damage. Ichor Darts are a handy alternative, but as the corruption World Feeder spawns on the surface, and that crimson players may have trouble fighting Ichor Stickers, which spawn underground, this strategy may not be as useful.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage increased from 25 to 27.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Damage increased from 25 to 27. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Damage increased from 25 to 27. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with damage stat of 27.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Damage increased from 25 to 27.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.