Got any spare bones for sale? I'm looking to replace my broken hip... again.
Bones are crafting materials, consumable ranged weapons, and ammunition for the Bone Glove. They are dropped by Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls, which spawn in the Dungeon. On the Nintendo version, Bones are also dropped by normal Skeletons.
Bones are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Throwing Knives and Shurikens. Of these three consumable ranged weapons, Bones have the least range (Throwing Knives having the greatest). When used as weapons, Bones have a
50*1/2 (50%) chance of being retrievable after use, even if they hit enemies.
total: 4 row(s)
- The Skeleton Merchant will use Bones to defend himself if needed. The bones thrown by him are not retrievable.
- In Expert Mode, Skeletons can throw bones at the player, making them far more dangerous.
- Since Bones are used as ammo by the Bone Glove, they can be stored in the ammo slots of the inventory.
- Since 1.4.1, Bones cannot be stored in ammo slots due to the Bone Glove being changed from a ranged weapon to an accessory. Any bones placed in the ammo slots prior to the update will still be located there.
- While it may appear that ordinary Bones do more damage than the Bone Glove, the damage from Bones used as ammo is added to the Bone Glove's damage.
- On the Nintendo version, the player can craft the Necro armor before entering the Dungeon due to Bones being dropped by Skeletons.
- Taking only basic ammunition (arrows and bullets) into consideration, Bones have the second-highest base damage, beaten only by Luminite Bullets.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Now used to craft the Spinal Tap, Timeless Traveler's Hood and Plaguebringer's Skull.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Damage decreased from 22 to 20.
- Knockback from 4 to 2.3.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: More Furniture craftable items.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.