Got any spare bones for sale? I'm looking to replace my broken hip... again.
Bones are consumable ranged / throwing weapons that also can be used as crafting materials. They are dropped by Angry Bones, Dark Casters, and Cursed Skulls, which spawn in the Dungeon. On the version, Bones are also dropped by normal Skeletons.
Bones are greatly affected by gravity, and arc similarly to Throwing Knives and Shurikens. Of these three consumable throwing weapons, Bones have the least range (Throwing Knives having the greatest). When used as weapons, Bones have a 50% chance of being retrievable after use, even if they hit enemies.
Furthermore, Bones are a crafting material, they are used for, e.g., Necro armor or Pianos. Bones can be placed as blocks using the Bone Wand, upon which they become Bone Blocks. The Bone Glove, an Expert Mode-exclusive weapon, uses Bones as ammunition.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Skeleton Merchant will use Bones to defend himself if needed. The bones thrown by him are not retrievable.
- In Expert Mode, Skeletons can throw bones at the player, making them far more dangerous.
- Since Bones are used as ammo by the Bone Glove, they can be stored in the ammo slots of the inventory.
- On the Desktop version, bones can no longer be stored in ammo slots due to the Bone Glove being changed from a ranged weapon to an accessory. Any bones placed in the ammo slots prior to the update will still be located there.
- While it may appear that ordinary Bones do more damage than the Bone Glove, the damage from Bones used as ammo is added to the Bone Glove's damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On the version, the player can make the Necro armor before entering the Dungeon due to Bones being dropped by Skeletons.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Taking only basic ammunition (arrows and bullets) into consideration, Bones have the second-highest base damage, beaten only by Luminite Bullets.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Now used to craft the Spinal Tap, Timeless Traveler's Hood and Plaguebringer's Skull.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Damage decreased from 22 to 20.
- Knockback from 4 to 2.3.
- Weapon type changed from Ranged to Throwing.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: More Furniture craftable items.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.