|Tooltip||Summons shadow hands to attack your foes|
'I've got a headache just looking at it.'
- Shadow Hand (friendly)
The Bone Helm is an Expert Mode accessory obtained from the Treasure Bag dropped by the Deerclops. When equipped, it summons Shadow Hands to damage enemies. These Shadow Hands are spawned a distance from enemies before flying at them, piercing anything in their path including blocks. Their flight behavior mirrors the Shadow Hands found in the Deerclops fight, either flying straight or swerving harshly in flight. The hands can pierce a maximum of three enemies, and are not affected by any damage buffs.
- The Bone Helm is very useful in tier 1 of the Old One's Army, since the Shadow Hands can pierce many enemies and will also target the Etherian Wyverns.
- Like other passively attacking accessories, it can be useful during menial tasks such as Fishing or AFK farming.
- The Bone Helm is the third passively attacking accessory, following the Volatile Gelatin and the Spore Sac. Coincidentally, all of these items are exclusive to Expert Mode, but only the Bone Helm can be obtained pre-Hardmode.
- Despite being an accessory, the Bone Helm's sprite will override any cosmetic in the player's helmet slot.
- The tooltip is a reference to Willow's examination quote for the Bone Helm in Don't Starve Together.
- If equipped together with Yoraiz0r's Spell it will alter the spell's visual effect, causing the motion streak to emit from the Helm's eye socket instead.
- Bone Helm at the Don't Starve Wiki
- Desktop 1.4.3: Introduced.