|AI Type||Worm AI|
|Banner||Bone Serpent Banner|
Bone Serpents are burrowing worm-like enemies that spawn in The Underworld. They are immune to lava as well as the Poisoned, On Fire!, and Cursed Inferno debuffs. Bone Serpents consist of 14-20 segments in total.
- Bone Serpents are not restricted to The Underworld, and can follow the player out.
- As with most worms, weapons that can hit multiple segments at once are effective. Some effective weapons are the Vilethorn, flails and the Crimson Rod.
- Bone Serpents are one of the few pre-Hardmode enemies that don't get stronger upon reaching Hardmode in an Expert or Master world.
- Sometimes a Bone Serpent can be seen leaping in the lava in the background as ambience.
- The Bestiary entry for the Bone Serpent: "Mighty serpentine dragons once ruled hell, but long ago shed their obsidian scales. A skeletal husk is all that remains."
Gif of an ambient Bone Serpent.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: All segments now share a life counter, instead of individual life counters for all segments. Previously Head, Body and Tail had 120, 150 and 200 health, respectively.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.