|Damage||14 / 12 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||5.75 (Average) / 5.5 (Average)|
|Use time||40 (Very slow) / 42 (Very slow)|
|Velocity||5.35 / 5.25|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
- Internal Item ID: 964
The Boomstick is a pre-Hardmode gun. It can occasionally be found in Ivy Chests (22.5% chance) in the Underground Jungle, and also in Jungle Crates (16.67% chance). It fires a spread of 3-4 / 3 bullets per shot, but only consumes one ammo.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
- Due to the spread of the shots and the slow weapon speed, the Boomstick loses efficiency at long range. It is highly effective at close range, and hitting an enemy with all shots can deal enough damage to easily kill most pre-Hardmode enemies in Classic Mode.
- Against single targets, it is inadvisable to use this weapon with piercing ammo like Meteor Shots. The bullets' piercing damage will cause the target to become invulnerable for a few frames, which means only one bullet will hit.
- This weapon has a chance to drop from Jungle Crates found via fishing in the Jungle. By setting up an outpost viable for fishing there, the player can gain a great advantage without the need to defeat bosses or venture into deadly biomes.
- This gun is strong enough to last through almost all of pre-Hardmode.
- The term boomstick is a reference to the 1992 American dark fantasy comedy movie Army of Darkness from the Evil Dead horror movie franchise, in which the protagonist, Ash, refers to his shotgun as a boomstick. The word has since become a common name for shotguns, particularly short-barreled, or "sawed-off" double-barreled shotguns, which this appears to be.
- The Boomstick bears a slight resemblance visually to the real-world gun Remington M1889.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage increased from 12 to 14.
- Knockback increased from 5.5 to 5.75.
- Use time decreased from 42 to 40.
- Velocity increased from 5.25 to 5.35.
- Can now also be found inside Jungle Crates.
- Now fires three to four bullets instead of always three.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.