|Damage||85 / 44 (Melee)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast) /|
|Tooltip||Right click to guard with a shield|
|End of parry|
With any equipped shield (including the Squire's Shield, but not Huntress's Buckler) and holding this sword, right-clicking will cause the character to brace for the next attack (like Sergeant United Shield). When timed correctly, just before taking a hit, the enemy's attack will be parried, dealing some damage to the attacker and granting the Striking Moment buff for the next 5 seconds. This allows the next melee attack to deal 5x damage. Alternatively, if the shield is held in place, 20 defense is temporarily gained; this lasts until the shield is once again lowered.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
- The buff tooltip claims that damage is increased by 500% (i.e., multiplied by 6), which is incorrect.
- The Brand of the Inferno's damage reflection ability can only be used to deflect contact damage from enemies; fall damage, lava damage, enemy projectiles and traps will still harm the player.
- It can however reduce damage from many sources with the 20 defense gained while right-clicking.
- The act of gaining the attack buff and switching to a more powerful weapon like Meowmere has potential for massive damage, especially if somehow timed perfectly with the Psycho Knife's buffs.
- Parrying in Journey Mode with the God Mode power enabled will do nothing.
- The sword is likely a reference to the Brand of Sacrifice from Berserk.
- The sword resembles the Fierce Deity Sword from the game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask because of the loop on the blade.
- It also has similarities with the Tizona, as they have similar blade designs and its translated name firebrand is very similar to the Brand of the Inferno.
- In the inventory, the sword's loops appear hollow. However, while being used, the loops are filled with flame. This is purely a graphical difference.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Use time decreased from 25 to 20.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Weapon is now slightly larger.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 44 to 85.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.17: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.1096.2: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 188.8.131.52.