|Use time||25 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Used to catch critters|
|Buy||25 / 1|
|Sell||5 / 20|
- Internal Item ID: 1991
The Bug Net is a tool used to capture certain critters as inventory items. It is swung like a broadsword, but it deals no damage. The Bug Net is nearly required in order to go fishing, as it is the initial and primary method of obtaining bait. Most critters that are insects, worms, or snails can function as bait once captured.
The Bug Net is purchased from the Merchant for 25 / 1.
The Lavaproof Bug Net and the Golden Bug Net are upgraded versions that are bigger, swing faster, and can destroy tall grass, vines, and uproot plants just like swords and other weapons do, despite dealing no damage.
total: 1 row(s)
- Critters spawned by statues cannot be caught. Attempting to do so causes them to vanish in a cloud of dust.
- This net may be preferred for catching Dragonflies, as it does not destroy the cattails that spawn and gather them together.
- A captured critter can be combined with a Terrarium to craft a decorative cage that showcases the animated critter inside.
- Captured critters can also be "used", or dropped, which frees them, putting them back into the environment.
- Captured Bunnies can be used to craft Explosive Bunnies.
- A captured Truffle Worm is required in order to summon Duke Fishron, a boss, during Hardmode. It must be used as bait in the Ocean biome.
- A captured Prismatic Lacewing can be used to control when the Empress of Light boss is summoned.
- Critters have high sell values. Only about 5 critters sold pays off the Bug Net, making it a useful moneymaker in the early game. Rare gold critters can be sold for 10 each.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Cost reduced from 1 to 25.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed exploit where you could duplicate pets with Bug Net in multiplayer.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Critters spawned by statues can no longer be captured in Bug Nets.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Cost reduced from 1 to 25. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Cost reduced from 1 to 25. ()
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with a cost of 25.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Cost reduced from 1 to 25.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.