Bundle of Balloons
|Tooltip||Allows the holder to quadruple jump|
Increases jump height
|Each bonus jump|
- Internal Item ID: 1164
The Bundle of Balloons is an accessory that allows the wearer to perform a quadruple jump and increases their jump height. Each of the jumps has an effect from the different combined items: sandstorm jump, then blizzard jump, then cloud jump.
Crafting this item requires three of the variants of Cloud in a Balloon, which in turn requires a total of 3 Shiny Red Balloons. In particular it requires the especially rare Sandstorm in a Bottle, which can only be found in a Pyramid.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Crafting tree[edit | edit source]
|Shiny Red Balloon|
|Shiny Red Balloon|
|Shiny Red Balloon|
|Cloud in a Bottle|
|Blizzard in a Bottle|
|Sandstorm in a Bottle|
|Cloud in a Balloon||Blizzard in a Balloon||Sandstorm in a Balloon|
|Bundle of Balloons|
Notes[edit | edit source]
|Items that are in the same row will not stack in regard to the respective effect.|
|Increased height of first jump|
|Cloud double jump|
|Blizzard double jump|
|Sandstorm double jump|
- Stacks with a Fart in a Jar or a Fart in a Balloon, Tsunami in a Bottle or a Sharkron Balloon, and a Blessed Apple to provide a septuple jump.
- The order will be: Jump > Unicorn > Sandstorm > Blizzard > Fart > Tsunami > Cloud.
- The Bundle of Balloons, however, will not stack with the Sandstorm in a Bottle, Blizzard in a Bottle, or any other accessory that was used to craft it or its prerequisite balloons.
- If the player has wings equipped, Pressing the ↷ Jumpbutton will consume the next available jump instead of activating Wing Flight; If the player continues to hold the ↷ Jumpbutton, Wing Flight will activate immediately after the jump ends. If all flight time is consumed without releasing the ↷ Jumpbutton, the player will enter Slow-fall. After this, any remaining jumps may be consumed, with Slow Fall starting immediately after each one.
- This is one of the only Pre-Hardmode items that, with a high level modifier, can attain rarity.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Bundle of Balloons does not provide immunity to fall damage, despite the extreme jump heights it allows players to achieve. Without additional fall protection, players can incur severe fall damage after multiple jumps. In combination with the Rocket Boots or similar, it is easy to achieve a height at which over 400 damage will be taken upon landing, killing most characters instantly.
- This item can be a viable alternative to Wings until Post-Golem, when enemies become significantly harder to reach or avoid.
- The extra jumps from the Bundle of Balloons allow for much faster turning and higher vertical acceleration than most early wings at the start of each jump. This can be used to quickly reach top speed or dodge faster ranged attacks.
- The key item for crafting this is the ultra-rare Sandstorm in a Bottle, which is only available from a Pyramid, and Pyramids don't even generate in most worlds. The other two bottles are far more common; the Cloud bottle appears frequently in underground chests, and both the Blizzard bottles and the three Shiny Red Balloons needed, can be obtained by fishing for Biome Crates if necessary.
- The Sandstorm in a Bottle is even rarer in 1.4, for the spawn chance of Pyramids were nerfed and Desert Oasis can override Pyramid locations entirely.
- When using a non-flying mount, like a Unicorn, the extra jumps can be more useful than wings.
- The Frog Leg boosts the effectiveness of the Bundle of Balloons by providing a significant increase to jump height.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even though the sprite of the Bundle of Balloons depicts a green balloon, assumed to be the Fart in a Balloon, it is not actually used to craft the Bundle of Balloons, nor does it appear within the Bundle of Balloons sequence.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.