Capes are accessories purchased from the Traveling Merchant, usually for 5 each. They are considered vanity items, as they provide no stats or bonuses. The Hunter Cloak is an anomaly; it can be sold by the Clothier for 15 if the player has accumulated a golf score of 2000, or by the Traveling Merchant regardless of golf score.
Internal Item ID: 2284
Internal Item ID: 2285
Internal Item ID: 2286
Internal Item ID: 2287
Internal Item ID: 4744
- Capes are still visible in merfolk or werewolf form.
- When using items such as wings (including the Hoverboard), the cape will not be visible in the social slot unless visibility has been turned off in the options menu. The cape will only be visible when running or stationary, while wings will be visible when flying.
- This content is transcluded from Vanity Accessories/tip.Because vanity accessories such as the Capes cannot be reforged to grant any benefits besides appearance, it is recommended to equip them in the player's social accessory slots.
- The Crimson Cloak can be purchased even in worlds generated with Corruption. Its name refers to the cape's actual color, for which the infectious biome is also named.
- Though any equipped shields will correctly be displayed under any of the capes, the walking animation will cause the shield to clip through the capes.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Mysterious and Red Cape sprites updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Issue fixed where Team Dyes would cause crashes when used with capes. Bug fixed where capes did not show properly when mounted.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Capes can now be placed on Mannequins and Womannequins.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.