|Use time||25 (Fast)|
The Cascade is a pre-Hardmode yoyo. With a base reach of 15.5 tiles and a maximum spin duration of 16 seconds before returning, it is the most powerful yoyo available pre-Hardmode. Upon striking an enemy, it has a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff.
The Cascade has a
0.25*1/400 (0.25%) chance of being dropped by any enemy in or near The Underworld after Skeletron has been defeated. Once Hardmode begins, it will no longer drop, as the stronger Hel-Fire will drop instead.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- When used, it will emit embers which can be used as a light source stemming 6 blocks away (13×13 tiles sized light; 6 tiles from all sides, excluding the source).
- The Cascade can easily be farmed quickly by setting up statues that summon enemies and killing them with a thin layer of lava or fighting them with your preferred weapon.
- The name Cascade comes from one of the many different yoyos sold by One Drop YoYos . Their logo is the symbol listed at the bottom of the item's tooltip. There is a notable difference in color, though: While the real-life original is light blue, the Cascade appears to look like a CODE2 Dragon Slayer.
- Unlike many other items, the Cascade's availability is very limited, as it can only be obtained between defeating Skeletron and the Wall of Flesh.
- It is one of the only weapons that becomes completely unobtainable in Hardmode, the other being the Gray Zapinator.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Item sprite updated.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.