Please use this page to discuss pages that have been labelled for deletion.
(Such discussions tend to remain open for at least one week)
Remember, you can make a page automatically switch to another page by replacing the page content with a redirect annotation. (Eg: #REDIRECT Environments#Dungeons)
These trading card pages should not be deleted because they show that the trading cards themselves exist. Since the category is the only page listing these cards, deleting the pages would make it seem like only four (the ones whose pages are filled out) of them exist. The pages also already have the fields for details present and waiting to be filled out, and deleting them could potentially deter someone with that information from submitting it.
The user who has marked these pages has been extremely stubborn and rude about the pages in question as well. Utterly ridiculous behavior. These pages have been on the wiki for months and cause no issues, so I see no logical reason why they should be deleted. Kida155 (talk) 05:15, December 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Per the Terraria Wiki:Criteria for speedy deletion, they should be deleted. They have been there for months, and no one has added the information, like you said.
- [EDIT] I have added to each page a list of all the current known cards, plus links to the other ones. Fruipit (Talk • Contribs • Editcount • Fanon) 01:29, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
Terraria Fan Art
I believe that the Terraria Fan Art page should be deleted, for several reasons.
- This is a wiki, which means it holds, at the very least, some encyclopaedic value. Having a page such as this undermines the information section, I feel.
- As another point, related to the above, there is a Terraria Fanon Wiki, which hosts fan made items. This page would be better placed there.
- The current issues regarding sourcing and licensing of images. Many of the pictures uploaded there do not state who created it, and I personally believe that it shouldn't be up to the original artist to say whether or not they want it up there, in the (rare) event of someone stealing another's work.
- There is very little maintenance done on that page, and some of the art work is not obviously Terraria Fan Art.
Put simply, we don't need this page, as all it does is give people badges for adding images. The only pages that link to it are user pages. Fruipit (Talk • Contribs • Editcount • Fanon) 01:21, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
This page should not be speedy deleted because...
It comes to my attention the non-professionalism of my previous contest.
The Category:Undead Monsters is marked for reason of irrelevant traits. However, each monster within the category carries a similar trait, that being that each monster is, undead. in accordance with Wikipedia, an undead
"is a being in mythology, legend or fiction that is deceased yet behaves as if alive."
Zombies, vampires, werewolves, and skeletons all fit the description of an undead being, therefor rendering the reason for deletion false
Eldstar (talk) 22:12, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
- Probably should have made the deletion notice on that page more clear (sorry for any confusion!), but the reason why that category page is marked for deletion is for much the same reason that Category:Insects is: "undead" doesn't actually mean anything in terms of gameplay in Terraria. It doesn't make any sense to me to have a category for something which is more a classification in general fiction than a classification in the game the wiki is about.
MonkeyTronBlade5 (talk) 07:29, December 11, 2013 (UTC) I don't think this page should be deleted because, it is going to be a new boss in the christmas update. I am really sorry if It doesn't come out! But, I saw it on TerrariaOnline and the moderator said it was confirmed.
- Are you talking about the Santak page? Oh, I only marked it as it is a redirect - I agree, the Santank page should remain, especially as new information becomes available. Sorry for the confusion! Fruipit (Talk • Contribs • Editcount • Fanon) 07:31, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
Disambigeous pages like Tin Sword and Iron Sword are supposed to have 2 links to pages that. For the redirects Spectre Pants, Spectre Staff, Spectre Hood, Spectre Robe, Spectre Armor and Spectre Staff, they should stay to avoid that people can't find the pages due to spelling errors (for example I often write Spectre instead of Specter and that would get me nowhere without those redirects). DPSOnly (talk) 09:49, December 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, the spectre ones were my mistake. I've already left a message on Forze's talk page addressing that. If you look at the page for the Iron Broadsword, you will notice that it has a link at the top to the shortsword, if people land on the wrong page. So, I just adding the template to a page that isn't being used used. If you take a look at the what links here for the tin sword, the only page that comes up is this one. Fruipit (Talk • Contribs • Editcount • Fanon) 09:54, December 11, 2013 (UTC)