|Tooltip||Turns the holder into a werewolf at night and a merfolk when entering water|
Minor increase to damage, melee speed, critical strike chance,
life regeneration, defense, mining speed, and minion knockback
- Internal Item ID: 3110
|Werewolf and Merfolk forms for both player genders.|
The Celestial Shell is a Hardmode, post-Golem accessory that combines the stat-boosting powers of the Celestial Stone with the transformation powers of the Moon Shell, allowing both of their effects to happen simultaneously while taking only one accessory slot.
(added at night, while not underwater)
total: 1 row(s)
- The effects of the Celestial Shell do not stack with the effects of any of its constituent parts.
- Despite the Celestial Shell adding 2% less damage than the Avenger Emblem, the difference is often nonexistent depending on the weapon.
- The Merfolk buff works even when the player is riding underwater-compatible mounts, such as Drill Containment Unit or Shrimpy Truffle.
- Hiding the accessory hides the Werewolf and Merfolk transformations while still applying the boosts.
- Wearing the Celestial Shell in a vanity slot will instantly change your appearance into a werewolf – even during daytime, though you will still change into a merfolk underwater. Since it is only vanity, no boosts are given.
- Despite being equipped in the accessory slot, dyes will only modify the transformations if placed in the armor dye slots. The helmet slot dyes the head, the chest plate dyes the body, and leggings dye the legs.
- Even though all items involved in crafting the Celestial Shell are available in all versions, it is only craftable on Desktop, Console, and Mobile.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: No longer stacks with the Celestial Stone, Moon Stone, and Sun Stone.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now hide the Celestial Shell's werewolf and merfolk transformation.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.