|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Chain Knife
The Chain Knife is a melee weapon that throws a Knife-like projectile attached to a chain, similar to Flails, but the attack button cannot be held to wield it continuously. It only extends a short distance of 12 tiles, though its quick use time and velocity may make it a good early to mid-game weapon. It has a
0.4*1/250 (0.4%) chance of being dropped by a Cave Bat.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
- It is good at killing quick flying monsters. It is also good at killing large groups of Wall Creepers, and keeping the second form of the Brain of Cthulhu at bay.
- A Bat Statue can be used to easily farm bats to obtain the Chain Knife. Note that drop rates from statue enemies are reduced by a factor of 5.
- If the player finds a Bat statue underground before beating skeletron, they can put in onto a wire (in between a trap and its pressure plate) and step on the pressure plate to make a crude way of spawning more bats.
- Although the weapon attacks quite quickly, it is very difficult to stunlock enemies with it due to its low knockback.
- Unlike most flails, this flail will not spin around the player, but instead attack the target directly before returning to the player.
- Despite having worse stats overall, it sells for more than the Chain Guillotines on the Console versions.
- Chain Guillotines, its Hardmode counterpart
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Damage increased from 11 to 12.
- Item and projectile sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.