|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Chaos Elemental Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 120
The Chaos Elemental is a Hardmode enemy that spawns on Pearlstone, Pearlsand and Pink Ice Blocks in the Cavern layer. It runs around and teleports quickly, attempting to damage the player by making contact. It will teleport anywhere in a random position within 20 tiles from its target, but at least 4 tiles away, and only into a space that is at least 4 blocks tall and 3 blocks wide. It will not teleport into lava, though it can easily fall into it after teleporting.
Like many Underground Hallow enemies, Chaos Elementals have a glowing pink after-image.
- Chaos Elementals may also spawn if the player is not specifically in the Underground Hallow. They only require a block of Pearlstone, Pearlsand, or Pink Ice to spawn on.
- Chaos Elementals will not spawn if:
- The player is standing in front of a player-placed background wall;
- An NPC is housed nearby.
- The player has not moved or used items for 5 seconds, even when moving on Minecarts or Conveyor Belts. However auto-jumping accessories such as Frog Leg and similar items still count as movement, as does the infinite flight offered by Soaring Insignia or a mount like Witch's Broom. Being grappled into platforms and some other tiles simultaneously counts as movement because the hook resets after 10 minutes. Hoiks also count as movement. The Endless Musket Pouch/Endless Quiver can also be used with an auto-fire gun/Bow.
- In Celebrationmk10 worlds, the drop rate of the Rod of Discord is increased to
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). The fantasy tabletop role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
- The Bestiary entry for the Chaos Elemental: "Once living beings infused by the blessing, they erratically make chase with an uncontrollable surge of luminous power."
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: No longer affected by NPC smoothing.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: No longer spawns in the Underground Hallow if the world is not in Hardmode.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Spectral Elemental. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Spectral Elemental. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Removed Spectral Elemental.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.