|Damage||95 / 80 / 65 (Melee)|
|Use time||26 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a powerful orb|
- Chlorophyte Orb
|End of projectile|
The Chlorophyte Claymore is a Hardmode sword. It is the slower but more powerful sword that is crafted from Chlorophyte Bars, the other being the Chlorophyte Saber. Upon swinging, it fires a Chlorophyte Orb in the direction of the cursor which deals same damage as the sword itself. The orb does not consume any mana, but will take one second after firing before another can be fired. The sword can be swung regardless of whether the orb is ready, however. The Chlorophyte Claymore is incapable of autoswing.
The Chlorophyte Orb behaves the same way as the Magic Dagger, but has a larger hitbox. Like the Magic Dagger, the orb travels in a straight line at a constant speed for a short distance before dropping steeply and falling faster. The orb can pierce through infinite enemies. Upon impact, the orb implodes and emits a light, sparkly-green particle effect.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Increasing melee speed also increases the speed and range at which the orb is thrown.
- Unlike the projectile fired from the Beam Sword, the orb fired is not affected by effects such as the Frostburn from a full set of Frost armor.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With the Legendary modifier, the Chlorophyte Claymore can swing at the same speed as a Chlorophyte Saber, giving it the advantage of more damage without the disadvantage of less speed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All existing Tizonas in 188.8.131.52-equivalent worlds were replaced by Chlorophyte Claymores upon updating.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Increased damage from 80 to 95.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage increased from 75 to 80.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Damage increased from 65 to 75.
- Use time reduced from 27 to 25.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.