|Knockback||2.75 (Very weak)|
|Use time||19 (Very fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 1229
The Chlorophyte Shotbow is a Hardmode repeater crafted using Chlorophyte Bars. It shoots 2-4 arrows per shot but only consumes one arrow, as with all other multi-shot bows. Arrows fired with the Chlorophyte Shotbow cannot be recovered regardless of the type of arrow used.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When used with arrows that deal piercing damage (Unholy Arrows, Jester's Arrows, Hellfire Arrows, Chlorophyte Arrows), only one arrow will deal damage to each enemy per shot, making the Shotbow far less effective.
- Due to variance in the number of arrows fired per shot, the effective base damage of the Shotbow ranges between 68 to 136 damage. It is also more strongly affected by the base damage of arrows than single-shot bows or repeaters.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Shotbow's lower base damage can be compensated for by using Ichor Arrows, which decrease defense.
- The Chlorophyte Shotbow is a devastating weapon when used with Holy Arrows, providing great single-target DPS while also summoning storms of 6 to 12 stars per shot, which offer crowd control. It is one of the best weapons to use against Plantera.
- While the Shotbow has less base damage per arrow than the Hallowed Repeater, the spread is tight enough that targets will usually be hit with more than one arrow per shot, resulting in higher damage output overall.
- However, the Hallowed Repeater remains superior to the Shotbow when using piercing arrows (with the possible exception of Hellfire Arrows against dense crowds), due to the latter's anti-synergy with piercing arrows.
- The Magic Quiver's increase in velocity effectively reduces the spread of the Shotbow, allowing for greater single-target damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shotbow is a portmanteau of the words shotgun and crossbow.
- All existing Vulcan Repeaters in 184.108.40.206-equivalent worlds were replaced by Chlorophyte Shotbows upon updating.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Average arrows per shot decreased from 2.7 to 2.33.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.