|Defense||: 51 / : 44 / : 38 (set)|
|Set Bonus||Summons a powerful leaf crystal to shoot at nearby enemies |
Reduces damage taken by 5% (with Mask)
|Buff tooltip||Shoots crystal leaves at nearby enemies|
|Duration||Infinite, while full set is worn|
- Crystal Leaf
- Crystal Leaf Shot
Chlorophyte armor is a Hardmode armor set available after defeating all three mechanical bosses. It can be considered a partial upgrade of Hallowed armor, granting more defense and being geared more towards high ranged and magic damage output.
Equipping the full set causes a Crystal Leaf to permanently appear over the player's head, automatically attacking enemies via a ranged projectile that costs no mana or ammunition. The projectile is capped at 100 damage.
The Leaf Crystal is capable of firing two separate simultaneous volleys of projectiles. Each volley fires every 0.67 / 0.83 seconds. It is possible for both volleys to target the same enemy.
- One volley targets any enemies in range on its own. It requires a clear line-of-sight, but can still pierce blocks if it misses or if the player hides behind cover right before the volley is shot.
- A second volley activates when an enemy takes damage from other sources first (e.g. from a player attack, or from lava, a minion, a trap, etc). This volley will target enemies through blocks, and the projectile will travel through blocks to reach the target.
Set[edit | edit source]
Helmet variants[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Leaf Crystal has the following unique properties:
- When firing, it launches a projectile moving in a straight line and does not home in or track targets. As the projectile travels only at a moderate velocity, it will often miss targets that move around a lot, such as Wandering Eyes.
- In PvP, only the second volley will target players (i.e., they need to take damage from another source first for the crystal to target them).
- The Leaf Crystal emits a small amount of green light.
- It does not benefit from damage-increasing accessories and cannot deal critical hits.
- If a minion is attacking an enemy behind blocks, it may also shoot through the blocks to hit the same target.
- If a full set of Chlorophyte armor is equipped, it will display a dark pulsating effect. This only occurs if no vanity is covering it or it is equipped as vanity itself.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Leaf Crystal can be very useful for farming certain enemies while inactive, for example in search of rare drops and Biome Keys.
- It may be advantageous to avoid upgrading from Hallowed Armor to Chlorophyte Armor, as the set bonus is more offensive in comparison. The Hallowed armor enacts the Holy Protection buff which grants the player immunity to the next attack from enemies whereas Chlorophyte's Set Bonus acts as a sentry tower to fight for them.
- It may also be advantageous to skip Chlorophyte entirely and go straight to Spectre, Turtle or Shroomite armor, depending on class.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Chlorophyte Mask used to have the highest total melee DPS bonuses of any head slot item, but as of 1.4, the Solar Flare Helmet gives a better DPS.
- The old Dragon armor ( ) and Chlorophyte armor sets offer the highest universal critical strike chance bonus of any armor set in the game.
- Despite its set bonus being very similar to summoning weapons, there is no summoner helmet.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Decreased the cooldown on the Leaf Crystal shot.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Chlorophyte Mask defense decreased from 25 to 20.
- Chlorophyte set bonus now gives an additional 5% damage reduction if the player is wearing the Chlorophyte Mask.
- The Chlorophyte Helmet's 1/5 ammo conservation effect now stacks with the 1/5 ammo conservation effect of the Shroomite Breastplate and of the set bonuses of Fossil, Cobalt, and Mythril armors.
- Crystal Leaf sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2.3: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Desktop 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Console 1.02: Introduced with female variant.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: The Leaf Crystal set bonus shoots faster and does more damage now.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced with female variant.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with female variant.