Christmas is a seasonal event that occurs from December to around early January. During Christmas, Presents can be dropped by any enemy (1/13 or 7.7% chance), except for enemies spawned by statues. Hearts are also replaced by Candy Canes, and Mana Stars are replaced with Sugar Plums.
During Hardmode, one of the items a Present can contain is the Snow Globe, which summons the Frost Legion. Defeating the Frost Legion allows the Santa Claus NPC to spawn, if valid housing is available, but only during the Christmas season.
The duration of the event depends on the game platform:
|December 1st||–||December 31st|
|December 1st||–||January 15th|
Reaching wave 15 / 20 of the Frost Moon will unlock one in-game day of the Christmas Event, regardless of the date.
Contents[edit | edit source]
- Does not drop from statue-spawned enemies
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Christmas can be "activated" by setting the device's date to any date within the respective Christmas timespan.
- Change the computer's date to any day between December 15th and 31st.
- Disconnect from Xbox Live / PSN and change the console time.
- Disconnect from automatic date/time updates and change the time manually. Note that this does not work for some devices.
- Go to "System Settings" and go to "Other Settings, click on "Date and Time", then "Today's Date" and "Current Time" and set the date and time there.
- Go to "System Settings" and go to "System", click on "Date and Time", turn off "Synchronize Clock via Internet" and set the time there.
- If a change of the device's time is undesired, applications like "RunAsDate" allow launching Terraria with a changed time and date.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Requirement to unlock one in-game day of Christmas changed to Wave 15.
- Desktop 1.2.2:
- The event has been updated, featuring several new items.
- One single present item drops instead of three different colors.
- Desktop 1.1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.