|Knockback||0.3 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Creates and destroys biomes when sprayed|
Uses colored solution
- Internal Item ID: 779
The Clentaminator is a Hardmode tool which can be used to create or destroy biomes. It uses Solutions as ammunition, with each Solution spreading a different biome. It has a similar firing pattern to the Flamethrower, but has a much longer range, fires through blocks and works in water. The Clentaminator is generally the fastest means of spreading or removing Hallow, Corruption and Crimson. It can also rapidly convert Jungle to Glowing Mushroom biome and vice versa.
The Clentaminator as well as most Solutions can be purchased from the Steampunker for 2 and 25, respectively.
The Clentaminator cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
Internal Item ID: 780
|When the Steampunker
is spoken to anywhere other than The Hallow
|Removes Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow
Converts Glowing Mushroom biome to Jungle
|Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads the Purity
Internal Item ID: 781
|When the Steampunker
is spoken to in The Hallow
|Spreads Hallow||Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads the Hallow
Internal Item ID: 782
|During a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse,
in a Corrupt world
|Spreads Corruption||Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads the Corruption
|Dark Blue Solution
Internal Item ID: 783
|From the Truffle, any time||Converts Jungle to Glowing Mushroom biome||Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads Glowing Mushrooms
Internal Item ID: 784
|During a Blood Moon or Solar Eclipse,
in a Crimson world
|Spreads Crimson||Used by the Clentaminator|
Spreads the Crimson
- The Clentaminator has a range of 60 tiles.
- It also has an effect on tiles up to 2 blocks behind the player, though not effective for effecting large areas of the world making it ineffective for purposes like purification of a world, it may be used as a way to change grass to specific biomes without changing blocks in harder to access places underground. (Works on mobile, unsure of other platforms.)
- It is affected by boosts which reduce ammo usage, thereby saving solution.
- Trees cannot have their blocks clentaminated individually, rather, they will convert when the blocks they are on are clentaminated.
- Its stream emits a faint amount of light.
- Using it is one of two ways to create Converted Walls, alongside a workbench in a Graveyard.
- Dark Blue Solution can break a Plantera's Bulb when the Jungle blocks beneath it are converted to Glowing Mushroom biome blocks.
- The Clentaminator will only convert Grass, Ice, Sand, and Stone Blocks.
- You can only have one evil solution per world. (Purple Solution for corruption, Red Solution for crimson.)
- With the introduction of the 1.4 update, it is now possible to get both Red and Purple Solution in a single world, with the Drunk World seed. However, only one can be bought at a time.
- Since boosts which reduce ammo usage also affect the consumption of Solution, it is recommended to have at least two ammo-conserving items or buffs before using the Clentaminator. The following items may be used: Chlorophyte Helmet and Vortex Breastplate (Shroomite Breastplate alternatively) give a constant chance to not consume ammo; while Ammo Reservation Potion and the Ammo Box provide temporary (but long-lasting) ammo-conserving buffs. Combining all four of these results in a 61.6% chance to not consume ammunition (including Solution).
- It is possible to convert an entire world by digging Hellevators about every 120 blocks (240 ft on the Compass) and slowly descending each one, spraying both sides.
- Alternatively, one might prefer to instead dig multiple tunnels, 120 blocks (240 ft on the Compass) apart vertically, extending from a single Hellevator. Although more time consuming, this approach negates the need to dig Hellevators all around the world.
- Dark Blue Solution can be an effective way of slowing down or completely stopping world evils from spreading through the Jungle, as neither Corruption or Crimson can spread to Mushroom Grass; see Guide:Maintaining world purity for more info.
- It can be a potentially effective tool to search for Life Fruit, as it will break them out of place and convert the Jungle foliage to Glowing Mushroom foliage – illuminating and creating a contrast between the background and the Life Fruit. However, note that this will most likely also break Plantera's Bulbs, summoning Plantera.
- While it can seem like a good idea to use Light Blue Solution to protect the Jungle, caution is advised when doing so, as the solution will convert jungle grass into hallowed grass, despite not converting jungle normally.
- Glowing Mushroom can be produced at will by using both Dark Blue Solution and Green Solution in conjunction with the Flower Boots, by first growing flowers on jungle grass then converting it to mushroom grass, which can then be harvested for Glowing Mushroom for as long as one desires and/or has solution.
- The Clentaminator could be used to illuminate your map, since its spray emits a small light source.
- Due to its long range, using it with green solutions to cleanse the world is more effective than using purification powder.
- "Clentaminator" is a noun constructed from a portmanteau of the verbs "to cleanse" and "to contaminate", these being its two major uses.
- It is tied with the Diamond Ring and Tiki Totem as the fourth most expensive item players can buy (behind the Steampunk Wings, Parrot Cracker, and Companion Cube in ascending order).
- When using the Clentaminator, an apparatus can be seen on the character's back. A similar effect also occurs when equipping the Heat Ray, Leaf Blower, and Elf Melter. The apparatus is, as with the items listed above, invisible when the player wears wings and is midair.
- Standing on a converted block while using the Clentaminator upwards will purify the block.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Solution sprites updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Solution sprites updated to match Desktop 18.104.22.168. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Solution sprites updated to match Desktop 22.214.171.124. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Solution sprites updated to match Desktop 188.8.131.52.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.