Even though the Clockwork Assault Rifle only deals a base damage of 19, it can be a very powerful weapon, as it technically deals 57 damage + the damage of the bullet used multiplied by 3. This is due to the fact that it fires in 3 round bursts and consumes just one bullet. Because of a lack of knock-back, it cannot get Unreal modifier. Demonic would be best at improving damage.
- The bullets fired from this rifle appear to be smaller than the bullets fired from other guns.
- This can be used as an alternative to the Minishark, due to its consumption of only a single bullet for a three round burst and it also deals more damage. Therefore, it saves bullets.
- The Clockwork Assault Rifle is highly recommended for hardmode bosses, such as The Twins because it has high speed, it deals decent damage and it has a three round burst. Also, it is not needed to kill any hardmode bosses to obtain it.
- If this was obtained, farming Wall of Flesh becomes significantly easier due to the high damage and the fact that Wall of Flesh isn't any tougher.
- The item's sprite appears to be reminiscent of the Steampunk art style. The item name, Clockwork Assault Rifle, is also similar.
- Lost the ability to be reforged with knockback-increasing prefixes.
- Added to the game.