|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Cochineal Beetle Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 217
- Despite the Cochineal Beetles' primary purpose being to provide dye crafting material, they can do substantial damage, especially to newer players who mistake them for passive critters.
- The real-world cochineal is an insect native to South America and Mexico. It is used to create the red dye known as cochineal or carmine, which is mainly used in food and cosmetics. The cochineal is actually a scaled insect, rather than a beetle.
- The Bestiary entry for the Cochineal Beetle: "Found in deep, dark caverns, these large beetles are sought out for the deep, blood-red secretions stored in their scaly exoskeleton."
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, but doesn’t drop the Red Husk.