|(One intermediate revision by one other user not shown)|
Revision as of 22:00, 9 June 2021
The Console version of Terraria is published by 505 Games. It is a port of the Desktop version (developed by Re-Logic) ported to Unity by Pipeworks. From 1.4 onwards, however, DR Studios has taken over its development
The console version is currently available on 6 different console systems (3 of which run on Old-gen consoles, which run on the original engine built in XNA.) The game was released on the Nintendo Switch on June 27, 2019.
Due to hardware requirement issues and memory constraints, Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, and the Wii U, are considered Old-gen platforms and thus will no longer receive significant updates past the 184.108.40.206 Desktop equivalent (see Old-gen console version).
|Console||Date of Last Update||Current Version||Desktop Equivalent|
|Aug 13, 2020||1.21||220.127.116.11|
|Xbox One||Aug 13, 2020||1.21||18.104.22.168|
|Nintendo Switch||Sep 10, 2020||1.0.1168.9||22.214.171.124|
The Nintendo Switch version has some features not found in the other console versions of the game. These include:
- Touchscreen support including various gestures:
- Pinching to zoom on both the map as well as the in-game world
- Quick inventory management
- Tapping the screen to use items
- Quick access to the inventory and minimap
- Quickly toggling visibility on accessories
- Handheld play
- The Nintendo Switch can also be Docked into TV mode, which plays about the same as the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version.
- It also has a local multiplayer mode in Docked mode.
The Switch version also features a new tutorial unique to this version, in which will not save items gained during it.
- Due to unknown reasons, the Xbox One platform unintentionally received the Console 1.0.1372.5 update about 48 hours prior to the official release on the platform.
- Meet The Team: Pipeworks Lead Engineer Eric Hope Sep 7, 2016
- Terraria Launches Today on Nintendo Switch! Jun 27, 2019
- 3DS was only ever going to be 1.2 plus a few extras. Sep 1, 2016
- The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile. Jul 25, 2016
- Xbox 360, PS3, PS Vita, Wii U, and 3DS will no longer receive updates. Nov 19, 2016
- WHY NO 1.3 UPDATES FOR OLDER CONSOLES? Feb 3, 2018
- Terraria Quality of Life Update Out Now for XB1/PS4! Aug 13, 2020
- Splitscreen Terraria Launches on Nintendo Switch Sep 10, 2020
- Terraria State of the Game - April 2019, comment by ClearConscious from Pipeworks Studio May 11, 2019