The Conveyor Belt will remain activated from the moment it is placed. Although it doesn't require any wire, it can be wired to reverse the direction. Like most blocks, they can be shaped into half-blocks and angled slopes using a Hammer, allowing for diagonal movement. The Conveyor Belt moves any valid entity approximately 13 mph and can only be calculated with a Stopwatch while walking into solid objects.
- The Conveyor Belt can be used to push NPCs into Traps.
- The Conveyor Belt can be used to create escalators and treadmills.
- Since Wire costs as much as Conveyor Belts, it is more cost efficient (though less time efficient) to purchase Conveyor Belts instead of Teleporters, which must be connected with wire (however, large amounts of wire can be harvested from naturally occurring traps for the cost of nothing more than a single Wire Cutter.)
- A Hoik could be preferable to conveyor belts in moving items or entities, as Hoiks are faster and cheaper to use than conveyor belts. However, Hoiks are more difficult to utilize as the player must know the correct techniques in building and using Hoiks, as opposed to conveyor belts which are fundamentally easier to setup and understand. Hoiks can also only move entities in one direction at once without utilizing a more complicated setup, however the direction of conveyors can be easily toggled with wire.
- One could combine the Conveyor Belt with an arena setup and effectively farm Events with a high DPS magic weapon. First, you would have to have a large amount of Conveyor Belts, an upwards diagonal escalator wherever it is you decide to stand. Then create a Mana Star farm which can continuously produce Mana Stars (thereby voiding the use of the Mana Flower and the Mana Sickness debuff). You will also receive Mana Stars from the enemies to constantly supply you with ample amounts of Mana. Next, prepare a full Mage load out, with Menacing or Lucky for accessory modifiers, and ideally Nebula armor. The weapon of choice is the Last Prism with a Demonic modifier. If such an arena is needed prior to the Moon Lord, one may find success with the Spectre Armor (damage variable) (or highest tier Magic Damage set available), and a high DPS, piercing, area-of-effect weapon, such as the Razorblade Typhoon or Nebula Arcanum.
- A skybridge made of Conveyor Belts can be used to automatically farm Fallen Stars. Due to the conveyor belt's slow speed, not all stars will reach the end of the conveyor belt in time to be collected (especially on larger worlds). A conveyor belt spanning an entire large world and ending at the world center should collect about 60% of stars that fall on a given night.
- The Conveyor Belt will carry Golf Balls.
- The Conveyor Belt can carry Souls, but only if they happen to drop low enough to touch the belt.
- The Conveyor Belt can carry items under water as well as lava, provided the lava doesn't destroy the item. This is especially useful for adding item delivery systems to farms and enemy grinding machines.
- The underside of a conveyor will not move the player or items if the player has taken a Gravitation Potion or used a Gravity Globe.
- The Conveyor Belt can serve as a spawnable block. The mob which spawns on the Conveyor Belt will be that of the closest block downwards in a 30 block range. This can be useful in certain maps where you cannot move spawnable tiles for some reason or other.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.895.9: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.