|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||30 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Your summons will focus struck enemies|
Strike enemies to summon a friendly snowflake
'Let me have some of that cool whip'
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
- Cool Whip
- Cool Flake
The Cool Whip is a Hardmode whip that, upon striking an enemy, creates a temporary snowflake projectile that chases nearby enemies, dealing 10 damage to them on contact. The summoned snowflake ignores 30 enemy defense and is not affected by damage bonuses outside of banners. If a snowflake is already summoned, attacking with the whip will reset its timer instead of creating a new one.
Its best modifier is Legendary, despite it being a summon weapon.
total: 1 row(s)
- Like the Firecracker and Dark Harvest, the Cool Whip forgoes summon tag damage for an on-hit special effect. This results in it being more effective as a direct weapon, but prevents it from enhancing minion damage.
- Tagging an enemy with a different whip will not cause the snowflake to disappear. This allows it to be used as a support weapon for crowd control.
- Although the snowflake does not disappear, it will remain stationary at the position of the last killed enemy. It will not move until another enemy gets into its range.
- It is the only whip in the game with a tag that does not interact with minions in any way.
- The item and its tooltip are a reference to the brand of imitation whipped cream of the same name.
- The tooltip is also a reference to the "Barely Legal" episode of the American animated sitcom Family Guy, in which Stewart "Stewie" Griffin asks Brian for some Cool Whip with strange pronunciation.
- With perfect timing, it is possible to summon a snowflake at the same time the previous one is about to despawn. This way players can have multiple snowflake summons.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Now inflicts Frostburn a short duration on hit.
- Increased the movement speed of the Snowflake minion by 50%.
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Range increased.
- Damage penalty for each additional target hit per swing reduced from 33% to 30%.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.0: Introduced with changes up to 126.96.36.199.