|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||23 (Fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 3509
The Copper Pickaxe is an early-game pickaxe that is weaker than the Iron and Lead Pickaxes. Compared to its alternate ore version, the Tin Pickaxe, it has the same pickaxe power, but deals 1 less damage and is slower in terms of mining speed. In addition, it has a -1 range attribute which means it can only mine 4 blocks to the sides, and 2 blocks above and below the player. Like other low-tier pickaxes, it can only mine blocks and ores weaker than Meteorite (which requires a pickaxe with at least 50% pickaxe power, e.g. a Tungsten Pickaxe).
The Copper Pickaxe is usually the first pickaxe that the player will obtain, as newly created characters spawn with this item in their second inventory slot, unless in Journey Mode.
Additionally, the Copper Pickaxe can be purchased from the Merchant for 5.
Its best modifier is Light for harvesting purposes and Legendary for combat purposes.
- Desktop 1.4.1: Copper Bars needed to craft decreased from 12 to 8.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Now has lessened range listed.
- Desktop 1.1: Update to include special attributes.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.