Corrupt SlimeHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Corrupt Slime Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
The Corrupt Slime is a Hardmode slime appearing in The Corruption and Underground Corruption. It splits into three Slimelings upon death. Both its original form and the Slimelings can inflict the Darkness debuff.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This enemy is great for farming Gel, since, after its death it splits into 3 Slimelings that will drop 2-4 Gel each.
- This enemy is also great for farming Soul of Night, since each Slimeling has a chance to drop the item when killed in Underground Corruption.
- This enemy is also great for farming the Blindfold due to the Slimelings also having a chance to drop the Blindfold. This works out to an effective 3.9% / 7.7% chance that the Corrupt Slime and the three Slimelings will drop at least one Blindfold.
- Be careful when building volcano type farms because when the Corrupt Slime breaks into Slimelings, for a short period of time, the slimelings will phase through blocks and could damage you.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This enemy is similar to the Mother Slime, but is much stronger. It can be considered the Hardmode version to the Mother Slime.
- Unlike most enemies exclusive to the Old-gen console version and version, the Shadow Slime is actually weaker than the Corrupt Slime.
- The Bestiary entry for the Corrupt Slime: "Steeped in the power of Corruption, these slimes can survive being cut apart into smaller pieces, unlike their untainted brethren."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Shadow Slime. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Shadow Slime. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Removed Shadow Slime.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.