|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Corrupt Slime Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased light vision|
|Duration||15 seconds30 seconds|
The Corrupt Slime is a Hardmode slime appearing in The Corruption and Underground Corruption. It splits into three Slimelings upon death. Both its original form and the Slimelings can inflict the Darkness debuff.
Like most other slimes, the Corrupt Slime will be passive towards any player with the Royal Gel accessory equipped.
- Since the Corrupt Slime splits into three new enemies upon death, it is great for farming items like Gel, Souls of Night, or the Blindfold. For instance, the chance that at least one Blindfold is dropped from the Corrupt Slime and the three Slimelings is 3.94% / 7.76%, as opposed to 1% / 2% from a single Corrupt Slime or Slimeling.
- Care should be taken with "volcano-type" farms. When the Corrupt Slime breaks into Slimelings, they will be able to phase through blocks for a short period of time, potentially reaching the player.
- The Corrupt Slime can be considered the Hardmode version of the Mother Slime, which also splits into three smaller slimes.
- Unlike most enemies exclusive to the Old-gen console version and version, the Shadow Slime is weaker than its base variant, the Corrupt Slime.
- The Bestiary entry for the Corrupt Slime: "Steeped in the power of Corruption, these slimes can survive being cut apart into smaller pieces, unlike their untainted brethren."
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Removed Shadow Slime. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Removed Shadow Slime. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Removed Shadow Slime.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.