|AI Type||Flying AI|
|Debuff tooltip||Physical abilities are decreased|
The Corruptor is a Hardmode enemy that spawns within The Corruption. It is a larger version of the Eater of Souls, with an added projectile attack (Vile Spit) that inflicts the Weak debuff on players.
- Vile Spit projectiles are similar to Burning Spheres, Chaos Balls, and Water Spheres in that they are destroyed with any weapon in a single hit. However, unlike the others, Vile Spit cannot pass through blocks, and it deals much more damage on contact.
- Corruptors can be fairly powerful when just starting Hardmode, so they should not be underestimated.
- When building/farming in or around the Hardmode Corruption, it can be helpful to use a summon weapon with knockback to hold them in place. The Spider Staff works well.
- If you own the Slime Saddle or the Gelatinous Pillion dropped by the King Slime and Queen Slime respectively, you can bounce on the Vile Spit projectiles, allowing you to be functionally immune to attacks from below while mounted. It should be noted that, while more difficult to obtain than the Slimy Saddle, the Gelatinous Pillion is much better than the Slimy Saddle when combatting Corruptors as the vertical mobility from the wings vastly increases the chance of this function seeing use.
- Corruptors leave behind an afterimage as they move, much like a set of Necro armor or The Twins boss.
- The Vile Spit projectile was once able to spread Corruption, giving the Corruptor its name. However, this feature was removed in the 1.2 update.
- Despite its name, the melee weapon Scourge of the Corruptor is not dropped by the Corruptor, nor does it deal any extra damage to the Corruptor.
- The Bestiary entry for the Corruptor: "Like a cancer, the putrid creatures born from the Corruption mutate and grow into bigger, more deadly forms which discharge acids."
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Can now drop its own respective banner. ()
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.