Crimstone is the Crimson version of Stone (similar to Ebonstone in The Corruption, or Pearlstone in The Hallow). As with Ebonstone, Crimstone can be converted into ordinary Stone via Purification Powder (Pearlstone requires a Vile Powder instead).
In Hardmode, the spread of Crimson converts ordinary Stone blocks into Crimstone. Crimstone itself also spreads Crimson to susceptible blocks nearby.
As of 1.4, Crimstone can be used to make bricks. It can also be crafted into Flesh Blocks at a Meat Grinder, which can then be crafted into furniture (neither Ebonstone nor Ebonstone Bricks can be used to craft furniture, but in 1.4, Ebonstone can be made into Lesion blocks, which similarly can be made into furniture).
total: 9 row(s)
- "Crimstone" is a portmanteau of the words "Crimson" and "Stone".
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now used to craft Crimtane Brick, which previously required one stone. The new recipe requires five Crimstone and outputs five Crimtane bricks.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now used to craft the Crimstone Brick, Crimson Torch, and various Crimson-related Walls.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.