|Tooltip||Increases length of invincibility after taking damage|
- Internal Item ID: 554
The Cross Necklace is a Hardmode accessory that doubles the duration of the invincibility a player is afforded after taking damage, from ~0.66 seconds to ~1.33 seconds. The Cross Necklace has a
16.67*1/6 (16.67%) / 14.29*1/7 (14.29%) chance to be dropped by Mimics.
The Cross Necklace is useful in Hardmode boss fights, and any other scenario where the player is likely to be hit rapidly,like Destroyer or Skeletron Prime.
total: 1 row(s)
- The Star Veil and Cross Necklace invincibility effects do not stack.
- The Cross Necklace will stack with the Black Belt, Master Ninja Gear, Brain of Confusion, and the Holy Protection buff to extend the dodge invincibility period by 2/3 second to a full 2 seconds.
- One can become invincible if they create an invincibility chamber using a Slime Statue and a Heart Statue wired to a 1 second timer in an enclosed room and wear a cross necklace. By having the Blue Slimes hit you constantly, the cross necklace gives you almost constant invincibility.
- The invincibility is ineffective in PvP.
- This item may be a reference to the Cross Necklace in the first Castlevania game, having nearly the same image and making the player invincible for a short duration.
- It bears resemblance to a Catholic Rosary.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Inventory sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 126.96.36.199. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 188.8.131.52. ()
- Console 1.02: Can now be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated to match Desktop 18.104.22.168.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Can now be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.
- Mobile 1.1.5536: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced, can be combined with the Star Cloak to craft the Star Veil.