Crossover content is content added from a different game or other media, while the other game also adopts some content from Terraria, with mutual permission. Homages and references, however, are not crossover content.
Edge of Space
Edge of Space is a 2D sandbox game developed by Handyman Studios, similar in gameplay to Terraria, but in a space setting.
The weapon Starfury is present in Pixel Piracy.
Worms 3 is a mobile game which in 2013 received crossover content from Terraria. In return, the mobile version of Terraria received some Worms 3 content in the 2014 Hardmode Update. This content has since been removed from Terraria's Android and iOS versions, but is still available on the Windows Phone and versions.
Worms 3 received customization sprites looking like the Molten Helmet, Hallowed Mask, Mythril Hood, Mining Helmet, Top Hat, and Archaeologist's Hat, as well as five Terraria-themed gravestones and Terraria sound effects ("speechbank").
Dungeon Defenders 2
Dungeon Defenders 2 is a 3D tower-defense game developed by Chromatic Games which has crossover content in Terraria since version 1.3.4. Its setting is called "Etheria" so elements from this game are called "Etherian" to distinguish from the Terrarian versions when ambiguity could exist, such as for example between Etherian Mana and Mana, or Etherian Goblin and Goblin.
The game features four core classes, which are represented in Terraria by the selection of player equipment.
|Class||Sentries||Tier 2 Armor||Tier 3 Armor||Tier 2 Weapon(s)||Tier 3 Weapon||Accessory|
||Apprentice||Dark Artist||Tome of Infinite Wisdom||Betsy's Wrath||Apprentice's Scarf|
||Huntress||Red Riding||Phantom Phoenix||Aerial Bane||Huntress's Buckler|
||Monk||Shinobi Infiltrator||Sleepy Octopod
|Sky Dragon's Fury||Monk's Belt|
||Squire||Valhalla Knight||Brand of the Inferno||Flying Dragon||Squire's Shield|
Sentries and armor sets are bought with Defender Medals from the Tavernkeep when the corresponding tiers are unlocked (Tier 1 is available from the start, one Mechanical Boss defeated in Hardmode for Tier 2, Golem defeated for Tier 3). Tier 2 weapons and accessories are dropped by the Ogre while Tier 3 weapons are dropped by Betsy.
Other content includes:
- Ale Tosser
- Flickerwick and Creeper Egg
- Hoardagron and Dragon Egg
- Propeller Gato and Gato Egg
- Eternia Crystal and Eternia Crystal Stand
- Defender Medal
- Etherian Mana
- Old One's Army
All the crossover content in Terraria is obtained through the Tavernkeep NPC, either directly from him or indirectly by triggering the Old One's Army event.
As part of the crossover, Dungeon Defenders 2 incorporated some Terraria content as well.
- The Dryad became an additional hero class, able to use Vile Powder, Purification Powder, Fallen Stars, slimes, Harpies, Moss Hornets, and Angry Nimbuses to attack enemies. She also retains her Dryad's Blessing, and can use Leaf Wings. In that game, she is also able to transform between her normal form and a corrupt form, modifying the effects of her powers.
- Many Terraria weapons became available for certain heroes, such as the Meowmere, Lunar Portal Staff, Demon Scythe, Tsunami, and more.
- A new map, the Forest Biome, was added, featuring Demon Eye enemies, the Eye of Cthulhu boss, and various other Terraria elements.
- Jens Bergensten has officially claimed that the summon mechanism of the Wither, one of the bosses in Minecraft, was inspired by the boss summon mechanics of Terraria.
- One of Minecraft's title screen splash messages says: "Also try Terraria!".
- The honey block from Minecraft closely mirrors several functionalities from the Honey Block of Terraria, particularly the sliding downwards mechanic (which also produces particles), slowing of movement, and reduced jump height.
One Drop is a yoyo manufacturer. In 184.108.40.206, the following One Drop yoyos were added to Terraria:
- www.terrariaonline.com → Forums → News → Dev Blog: thread: Ahoy! Re-Logic to Partner with Quadro Delta to Publish Pixel Piracy!
- Worms™ 3 Update Adds Awesome Terraria and Halloween Content!